Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 07:25:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Get Mean (1975)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Get Mean (1975)  (Read 11303 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »

I don't know who wrote the script, but that person must have been very high on drugs or very intoxicated with alcohol to mix the Barbarians in Spain (V-VI Century AD) with the Moors (IX-XV Century AD) and the Far West with trains, etc (XIX Century AD).

Tony's excuse is that the sphere is a time passage which warps time around.
It isn't evident in the film but whatever...

The logic of it all didn't bother me because most spaghetti westerns have plot holes you can drive a bus through.
The film (Get Mean) is moderately entertaining and should be seen for Anthony who puts in another ham bone performance.

So I guess I should say it is for the Tony Anthony fans ONLY.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »

Tony's excuse is that the sphere is a time passage which warps time around.
It isn't evident in the film but whatever...

The logic of it all didn't bother me because most spaghetti westerns have plot holes you can drive a bus through.
The film (Get Mean) is moderately entertaining and should be seen for Anthony who puts in another ham bone performance.

So I guess I should say it is for the Tony Anthony fans ONLY.

IMO, Tony's acting is perhaps the only thing that is salvageable in the movie. I thought of the spheres in the same way you mention, but that does not explain why Tony arrives to the village being dragged by a horse, or the scenes depicting a train crossing the US and a tall ship crossing the Atlantic; and many other things.

I have seen in many SWs many historical inaccuracies, like using weapons that never existed (i.e. Sabata's Derringer, or the rocket-launching pipe organ in one of Garko's Sartana movies, or the machine guns shown in AFOD, Compaņeros, A train for Durango...); or weapons or gadgets that  were not invented yet (example: the electric alarm in A reason to live, a reason to die). However, in the latter case, we are talking about 30 - 50 years span at the most between the time the gadgets were depicted and the time they were invented. This is clearly not what happens in Get Mean.

Oh well, I hope I get a better impression from Blindman, which I expect to watch shortly.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:06:15 PM by Bandolero » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »

but that does not explain why Tony arrives to the village being dragged by a horse

He was summoned by the gypsy witch.

That horse is his trusty steed Pussy.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:42:33 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »

Blindman isn't bad, it is what it is which is pretty facical, but I get a kick out of it & like it . Its good for a few laughs

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »

He was summoned by the gypsy witch.

That horse is his trusty steed Pussy.

Well, when looking at the way and the length of time the horse dragged him, Tony should have arrived to the village with no skin left on his legs and belly, no knees and elbows left, and possibly his "equipment" destroyed.  Cheesy But he walks in the building like if nothing had happened, with no signs of blood, and his pants and boots with no signs of damage   Huh

The credits show that the movie is based on a story written by Tony, and also that Tony was the producer. Makes one wonder.....

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:08:22 PM by Bandolero » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM