Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 06:05:25 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My name is nobody rerelease
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 7
: My name is nobody rerelease  ( 45539 )
RJSaid
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« : April 05, 2005, 02:22:58 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007M21Z8/ref=ase_aintitcooln07-20/002-2586482-9205664?v=glance&s=dvd

Not even three months after I FINALLY track down a copy with english dubbing. Does anyone know if this one is widescreen/subtitled or anything? I can't seem to find any details.

Good news either way. I just can't believe I didn't hear about this until now. I spent so long tracking down a watchable copy.

Christopher

« #1 : April 05, 2005, 02:46:42 PM »

Why didn't I think to post this as a News Item? ::) :D

I mentioned it several weeks ago HERE.

I would think it would be widescreen. Hopefully, anyway.

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

« #2 : April 18, 2005, 03:44:21 AM »

Yup, widescreen......

Product Details

Starring: Terence Hill, Henry Fonda, See more

Director: Tonino Valerii, Sergio Leone

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)

Format: Color, Widescreen

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #3 : April 18, 2005, 04:22:11 AM »

I'm waiting to see if they can make any improvements on the Region 2 DVD which has amazing picture quality. But the ratio was a little off (2.15:1). Producing slightly vertical streach image. Noticable in close up head shots of actors. Film should be (2.20:1)
Comparison with original Region 1 release at dvd beaver

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #4 : April 18, 2005, 05:03:43 AM »

I believe you are referring to the Scandinavian R2 release. That's the one I have, and I'll probably keep unless an extraordinary extreme collectors special edition is released. The transfer is pretty good as far as I am concerned. Has anyone seen the UK release?  According to play.com the aspect ratio is 2.35:1. But I've heard it's the best looking one. Can't remember where I heard it though.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Christopher

« #5 : April 18, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »

Has there been any word about any features on the disc?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #6 : April 22, 2005, 10:13:51 PM »

There are no extra features. As I mentioned on the My Name Is Nobody thread under Other Films, the image on this new R1 release is disappointing. Too many artifacts, especially in darkened interiors and in shots with a lot of movement. Static outdoor shots, whether of vistas or close-ups, look great.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #7 : April 23, 2005, 05:08:29 AM »

A review for the new Image DVD at DVDsavant

I believe you are referring to the Scandinavian R2 release. That's the one I have, and I'll probably keep unless an extraordinary extreme collectors special edition is released. The transfer is pretty good as far as I am concerned. Has anyone seen the UK release?  According to play.com the aspect ratio is 2.35:1. But I've heard it's the best looking one. Can't remember where I heard it though.

Ive got the Nouveaux UK R2 release of A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe. Its anamorphic, and very good picture.
But ive heard mixed opinions on the Nobody DVD, but you know what the internets like.
I like to see some captured screen shots before parting with cash. Also Nouveaux discs never seemed to be in included in any sales too. Its normally a full price.

With the release of the Image disc a R2 Uk comparison might surface.

« : April 23, 2005, 11:39:45 AM The Smoker »

Shadow
Chicken Thief

« #8 : April 25, 2005, 01:31:40 PM »

I do have the R2 UK release of last year which is a very very good one. Nice transfer and a few extra's. It also is anamorphic. It comes recommended!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #9 : April 25, 2005, 04:05:09 PM »

This is what Glenn Erickson says in his DVDSavant review:

"Image and International Media Films' DVD of My Name is Nobody is a bright enhanced transfer of flawless film elements, with a clear soundtrack to enjoy the Morricone music. I've become more wary of 25 fps PAL-speed conversions lately, but this disc clocks at 115 minutes and six seconds, and doesn't look sped up to me. Only a couple of wide shots show tiny flaws of inadequate compression. "

I find these remarks rather odd. I don't know what kind of system Erickson is using for playback, but I found a lot of annoying artifacting throughout the R1 disc. One scene that is particularly bad is the pool table scene which exhibits dot crawl like you wouldn't believe. Did I say dot "crawl"? The dots are leaping back and forth like jumping beans.

There are, of course, many scenes that look great, but there are enough like the pool table scene to make this a less-than-desirable transfer.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Christopher

« #10 : April 27, 2005, 03:41:41 PM »

I bought the movie today. Hopefully, I'll get around to watching it pretty soon. I have been looking forward to it.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #11 : May 05, 2005, 07:54:56 AM »

Managed to find some screenshots of the Nouveaux Region 2 'My name is Nobody' looks fantastic.
here: 10,000 Bullets Gonna take some beating,

Review quote:
Nouveaux Pictures My Name is Nobody release presents the film in an anamorphic widescreen that preserves the film in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The print is in great shape and it is virtually flawless as there are no problems with nicks or scratches. Flesh tones look natural and black are solid as they remain constant through out. There are no problems with compression and grain is kept to a minimum. One minor complaint about the transfer is that details at times are not as sharp as they could have been.

like to see a comparison with the R1 Image Disc.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #12 : May 05, 2005, 09:02:11 PM »

Me too. I hope DVDBeaver is on the case.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #13 : May 07, 2005, 01:11:17 AM »

And they were:

www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/nobody.htm

Sounds like the new R1 is the best version available. Unfortunately.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #14 : May 24, 2005, 02:39:29 AM »

Anybody managed to pick up the Image 'Nobody' disc yet?

: [1] 2 3 ... 7  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines