Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2022, 11:14:05 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My name is nobody rerelease
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
: My name is nobody rerelease  ( 69415 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #15 : May 24, 2005, 04:28:28 AM »

I did, and watched it over the last few nights, I'll give a fuller report later on. First impressions a good widescreen release, though it reminds me of the"Ouick And The Dead" with all its gimmicks. I think I've only seen it before long ago in pan & scan.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #16 : May 26, 2005, 12:54:30 AM »

Yup. I find it a mixed bag. Some scenes are glorious (usually outdoor shots) and some have so many artifacts that it drives you nuts (darkened interiors, especially).  There doesn't seem to be a good alternative, so I guess it's the  best we can do for now.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #17 : June 05, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »

If your planning on getting the Image release of Nobody. Hold your horses.

This info has been cobbled together from the good people of the Spaghetti Board..

Paramount in Germany are releasing My Name is Nobody & The Greatest.. 15th August 2005 according to Amazon.de

"My Name is Nobody" (Mein Name ist Nobody)

2-DVD-Set
2,35:1 (16:9) HD-Master
German/English language
"Nobody is perfect" (75 Minutes Documentary)
"Nobody Dusted" (35 Minutes Version- and Restoration Comparison)
"Wanted: Nobody" (Souvenirs)
"Nobody in the News" (Pressbooks in German and English)
"Nobody in 8mm" (Promotion Reel)
Trailer
Leone-Promotion (for Upcoming German Dollar-DVDs

"The Genius" (Nobody ist der Größte)

2,35:1 (16:9)
German/English
"Nobody Does it better" (Q&A with Terence Hill)
Restoration-Comparison
8mm-Version
"The Genius"-souvenirs
Leone-Promotion

Looks like their getting the 'Once Upon A Time In The West' paramount treatment ive come to know and love.
http://www.tle-films.com
Same restoration company that do work for Eureka DVD the UK answer to The Criterion Collection.

Christopher

« #18 : June 05, 2005, 12:20:12 PM »

Geez, a 2-disc set! They didn't bother putting anything extra on Region 1. Documentaries tend to be what I enjoy the most as far as extras go.

Sentenza
Bandido

« #19 : June 05, 2005, 02:27:22 PM »

Yes, the upcoming Nobody releases are an absolute must!

But even better, they're going to apply the same treatment to FOD & FAFDM! That's right, we're getting an improved print over the UK MGM SEs and it looks like this time it'll be really uncut! ;D And to top it off, there'll be no 5.1 upmixes or similar crap, just  cleaned up plain old mono. And the bonus discs will contain all the extras from the UK SEs.

We kill him now, papa?!
Sentenza
Bandido

« #20 : June 05, 2005, 03:29:19 PM »

Here are the complete details for the upcoming Nobody releases in Germany:

Mein Name ist Nobody (My Name is Nobody)

Disc 1
  • exclusive transfer, for the first time in high definition 24psf 1080 (progressive segmented frames) from a 35mm Technicolor print in excellent condition, scanned on a Spirit Datacine
  • completely restored version (112 minutes in 25f/s PAL) including complete end titles & missing scenes
  • meticulously restored German audio & for the first time complete English audio
  • encoded in highest possible bitrate using the full maximum capacity of a DVD-9

Disc 2
  • exclusive 75minute documentation Nobody is Perfect: Leone's funeral song on the Western of the old generation incl. an exclusive interview with Terence Hill
  • exclusive 35min. documentation NOBODY „Dusted“ -  the film before and after the restauration incl. a chronicle of home theatre with detailed comparisons of the high definition 24psf 1080 master with the 8mm, VHS and laserdisc versions
  • WANTED: Nobody for the first time presented, rare collectors items from the movie accompanied to the music of Morricone's soundtrack, incl. posters & lobby cards, photographs, film/video/audio releases, curiosities and more from Germany, USA, Japan, Mexiko, France, Belgium, UK, Austria
  • Nobody In The News: rare press books - exclusive presentation of German and American press books with detailed information, backgrounds, graphics and promotional material
  • NOBODY in 8mm 20-min. promotional reel from 1976 plus a 7-min. excerpt from the German 8mm release - in best possible quality, scanned on a Telecine specially developed for 8mm
  • movie trailer
  • Eastwood & Leone: „soon on DVD“ promotional trailer

Nobody ist der Grösste (The Genius)

Disc 1
  • new digital transfer from the best remaining 35mm film elements, scanned on a Spirit Datacine
  • completely restored version (119 minutes in 25f/s PAL) incl. complete end titles and various missing scenes
  • meticulously restored German and English audio

Disc 2
60 minutes of extras incl.
  • exclusive 30-minute documentation Nobody is half as good as you: Leone's final Western incl. an exclusive interview with Terence Hill
  • Terence Hill about Terence Hill: the star talks about “Nobody”, Bud Spencer and his career
  • WANTED: Nobody ist der Grösste for the first time presented, rare collectors items from the movie, accompanied to the music of Morricone's soundtrack, incl. posters & lobby cards, photographs, film/video/audio releases, curiosities and more from
    Germany, Australia, Austria
  • Nobody in the News: – rare press book – exclusive presentation of the German press book with detailed information, backgrounds, photos, graphics and promotional material
  • NOBODY in 8mm: 7-min. excerpt from the German 8mm release - in best possible quality, scanned on a Telecine specially developed for 8mm
  • Eastwood & Leone: „soon on DVD“ promotional trailer

« : June 06, 2005, 08:07:53 AM Sentenza »

We kill him now, papa?!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #21 : June 05, 2005, 04:59:33 PM »

This is great news, but I'm assuming that the Disc 2 extras are all in German?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Sentenza
Bandido

« #22 : June 05, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »

This is great news, but I'm assuming that the Disc 2 extras are all in German?
I assume they'll be. I can't tell you in which language they conducted the interview for instance, and whether there's a voice-over or not etc. But there'll be German and English subtitles for both the movies and all extras. :)

Both films will be available seperately in 2-disc editions or as a combined 4-disc set:

Packaging will be some sort of digipak, probably similar to the OUATITW release I suppose.

Here's a page with two screenshots from the second movie:
http://www.tle-films.com/nidg8_16x9.htm

We kill him now, papa?!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #23 : June 06, 2005, 02:57:51 AM »

Sentenza have managed to find them listed on the DTM dvd store?
Can't seem to find any evidence. Im looking around for the best deal on these releases compared to Amazon.de.
Post some links if you got em, amigo.

Sentenza
Bandido

« #24 : June 06, 2005, 08:05:18 AM »

Yes, I found them. The DTM store is a bit confusing. You just have to type nobody into the search field, but the trick is to find the search field ("Suche" in German). ;)

Here are the three releases:
http://shop.dtm.at/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=nobody

Amazon.de only lists the first movie, right now, but the rest should follow soon. The price for the single release is the same as at the DTM shop:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009RNL5U/

I'll post more links when I get them.

We kill him now, papa?!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #25 : June 06, 2005, 09:04:37 AM »

Just type Nobody..  Don't i look like a idiot  ;D
I think i switched it to English mode before doing the search. dosn't seem to like it.

Thanks anyways.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #26 : June 06, 2005, 11:55:13 AM »

haha... on the older "wham" version according to dvdbeaver they reffered to fonda as henry ford in the extra features menu.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Sentenza
Bandido

« #27 : June 23, 2005, 01:19:07 PM »

The final cover artwork for the single releases has just been posted at TLEFilms' website:

http://www.tle-films.com/mnin_nidg_cover.htm

We kill him now, papa?!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #28 : June 24, 2005, 01:52:18 AM »

Wonder if the double pack has the same art work for the films inside one box?
The double feature is up for pre-order at 32.99 Euros (£21.50)amazon.de

Torsten Kaiser TLE
Road Apple

« #29 : June 26, 2005, 02:48:29 AM »

Hello,

It is very good to know that many are still interested in a quality release of the "Nobody" and the "Dollar" films on DVD. 

We, TLEFilms, have worked throughout this year on these films, in 24psf 1080 High Definition, to make them look the best, and the way they were intended to be seen.   For the Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH releases (to be issued Aug 15 in the territories of Germany, Switzerland and Austria,  and available at www.amazon.de) TLEFilms produced extensive Extras (some 180 Minutes for MY NAME IS NOBODY - 60 Minutes for THE GENIUS aka NOBODY'S THE GREATEST; both will be issued on 2-Disc sets) for the films and supervised the mastering and the quality control.   The "Dollar" films will be issued later, in October; in a similar fashion; the Nobody DVDs will also be issued in a special 4 Disc Boxed set.  All disc contain the original English version and English subtitles on the extras.   Here, for more information, ist the TLEFilms press release.

TLEFilms, Europe
PRESS RELEASE

SERGIO LEONE'S "MY NAME IS NOBODY"  mastered for the first time from the pristine 35mm internegative minted off the camera negative and also for the first time in HD, available along with "NOBODY IS THE GREATEST AKA THE GENIUS", also mastered for the first time from the best still existing negative elements with 240 Minutes of exclusive Extras from August 15, 2005 from Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH

Berlin, Germany June 5, 2005.   Coming August 15, 2005, Paramount Home Entertainment Germany GmbH will present in Germany, Austria and Switzerland the release
of MY NAME IS NOBODY & NOBODY IS THE GREATEST (aka THE GENIUS or A GENIUS, TWO PARTNERS AND A DUPE) - a project undertaken together with TLEFilms that - for the first time ever - will make use of the best available 35mm elements that were transferred on a Spirit Datacine in High Definition (HD-D5 @237 Mbps, 10bit, 4:2:2 with a compression rate of just 4.4 :1).

The release, issued as individual 2-Disc sets features several, exclusive documentaries on legendary Italian director Sergio Leone, the actors Henry Fonda and Terence Hill as well as the making of the films, plus a detailed look at the differences between the old presentations and the new master with comparisons. The release will contain both English and German tracks on the films and German and English optional subtitles, including on the extras.

You can find more information at www.TLE-Films.com under the sections Projects, DVD Productions, and Documentaries.  Here you will also find screenshots (note: these are copyrighted under international law. (c) Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH.  Caption is MANDATORY. Thank you.

The Details :

One of the highlights of the productions so far in 2005 was clearly the work on Sergio Leone's "MY NAME IS NOBODY".Originally made in 1972 (released in 1973) the film was mostly broadcast and issued on Home Video formats in a dismal state (the only exception perhaps being the 1996 U.S. Laserdisc).

At the end of 2004, Paramount Home Entertainment (Germany) GmbH initially asked TLEFilms for help locating extras material; and it was quickly decided that new, exclusive extras would have to be made. But when Paramount opted for the best possible elements for transfer in High Definition (the transfer was made at Technicolor in Rome, Italy) TLEFilms was also entrusted to provide the highest standards for the mastering process in order to achieve the best result on DVD - including quality control of the various video and audio elements and supervision of all mastering and encoding & authoring processes, including restorations.

The new, TLEFilms approved master on DVD is by far the best ever. It outshines all its "rivals" on the market - also with regard to content.

Here are the details of the 2-Disc Set: (note: all segments, including the documentaries, are provided with English subtitles, the film itself contains the English as well as the German language tracks)

DISC 1:
# Exclusive, first-time-ever transfer in High Definition 24psf 1080 from a pristine 35mm Technicolor® Negative, duplicated directly off the original camera negative
# Completely restored version (112 Minutes @ 25f/s PAL) including complete end credits and missing sequences
# Meticulously restored German language track and, for the first time, the complete English track
# Highest possible bitrate encoding with maximum use of the possible capacity on a DVD-9 (Dual Layered Disc)

DISC 2:
180 Minutes Of Extras, including

2 exclusive, new documentaries:
# "Nobody Is Perfect" (75 Minutes)
# "Nobody: Dusted" (35 Minutes)
plus:
# "Wanted: Nobody" Extensive Gallery with collectables such as Posters, Lobbycards & more from around the world - presented with the music of Ennio Morricone
# "Nobody In The News" - extensive stills gallery with the entire press books from Germany and the United States (1974)
# "Nobody On 8mm" rare 8mm Promo reel and excerpt from an 8mm German version
# Theatrical Trailer
# "Dollar" DVD Promotional Trailer

"MY NAME IS NOBODY" will be available in stores everywhere in Germany, Austria & Switzerland and online retailers such as Amazon.de from August 15, 2005.

Together with Leone's "MY NAME IS NOBODY", TLEFilms also produced the extras and supervised the mastering of audio and video elements (the transfer was
made at Technicolor in Rome, Italy), including extensive restaurations, for "NOBODY IST DER GRÖSSTE" (known in the U.K. and Australia as "THE GENIUS").
Further color corrections to the final master were made by Paramount Home Entertainment.

The film, made in 1975 by Leone, was handicapped greatly by the mysterious theft of the original camera negative elements that resulted in the
remaining elements being reformatted, re-cut and hastily presented in front of an unforgiving audience at the time.

Because of the missing original elements, the alternative film sequences used are of fine over mediocre to very poor state, leaving us with a great challenge to balance the very uneven sequences with regard to color definition and depth.

As with "MY NAME IS NOBODY", Paramount Home Entertainment (Germany) GmbH asked TLEFilms also to produce extras material.

Here are the details of the 2-Disc Set:
(note: all segments, including the documentaries, are provided with English subtitles, the film itself contains the English as well as the German language tracks)

DISC 1:
# New digital transfer from the best surviving 35mm film elements
# Completely restored version (119 Minutes @ 25f/s PAL) including complete end credits and several missing sequences
# Meticulously restored German language track with added footage previously
cut and the completely restored English track
# Highest possible bitrate encoding with maximum use of the possible capacity on a DVD-9 (Dual Layered Disc)

DISC 2:
60 Minutes Of Extras, including

exclusive, new documentary:
# "Nobody Does It Half As Good As You" (30 Minutes)
plus:
# "Wanted: Nobody Ist Der Grösste" Extensive Gallery with collectables such as Posters, Lobbycards & more from around the world - presented with the music of Ennio Morricone
# "Nobody In The News" - extensive stills gallery with the entire press book from Germany (1975)
# "Nobody On 8mm" rare 8mm excerpt from the German version
# "Dollar" DVD Promotional Trailer

"NOBODY IST DER GRÖSSTE" (The Genius) will be available in stores everywhere in Germany, Austria & Switzerland and online retailers such as Amazon.de from August 15, 2005.

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
TLE. Making Quality - A Sure Thing™

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
TLE. Making Quality - A Sure Thing™
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  
« previous next »