Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 09:26:00 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My name is nobody rerelease
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
: My name is nobody rerelease  ( 46215 )
Sentenza
Bandido

« #30 : June 26, 2005, 04:06:24 AM »

Welcome Torsten,

good to have someone with first-hand knowledge aboard, here. 8) It also saves me some time collecting all the news from German web boards and disseminating it here. ;D

Can you give us any details on the Dollar movies? Will they also contain English audio?

We kill him now, papa?!
Torsten Kaiser TLE
Road Apple

« #31 : June 26, 2005, 07:33:33 AM »

Thanx.   Because there were many Qs related to the extras, specifically the languages - I want to elaborate a little here:

- The extra segments are narrated in German, but optional English subtitles are available.  Also, the interview with Terence Hill was conducted in English, and is available with optional English or German subtitles.  We intentionally did not overvoice the interview. 

Re: Dollar Films:   I cannot tell you everything right now, but what I can tell you, is that we will have an edition that features the extras issued also by MGM in the UK (total of 360 minutes); but, as opposed to that release, we will have extensively, newly restored mono soundtracks, that are NOT featured on the MGM issue.  We also are working on an extensive restoration of the picture, and will have additional scenes; and we will also make use of the most of the DVD-9 capacity.  More later.   :-X

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
TLE. Making Quality - A Sure Thing™
Sentenza
Bandido

« #32 : June 26, 2005, 09:37:22 AM »

Sounds great!

Two more questions regarding the Nobody releases:

What is the menu navigation going to be like language-wise? German, English or both?

What about the artwork for the 4-disc release? The "box" can be seen at amazon Germany, will it have the same design inside as the seperate releases, that can be seen here?

We kill him now, papa?!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #33 : June 27, 2005, 02:59:45 AM »

Hi Torsten,
Brilliant news about your upcoming "Nobody" and "Dollar" releases.Does this include GBU as part of the "Dollars" trilogy and if so will there be any new/extended scenes which were not  included on the MGM Special Edition DVD.
Are you by any chance planning to release a Fistful of Dynamite  as I understand that there are 162 and 157 minute versions out there?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #34 : June 27, 2005, 04:30:48 AM »

Hey Torsten! Its fantastic to have these films properly restored. Film restoration is one of the things I care deeply about, and I expect alot/if not all of the other posters here do to, and its great to hear how much effort you have put into the restoration. A question for you about the new remastered M. Have you seen the recently re-released Criterion SE. I must admit the A/V on that is very impressive. Are there any similar techniques that you are using that may make an even better print? Thanks

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Torsten Kaiser TLE
Road Apple

« #35 : June 28, 2005, 04:44:33 AM »

Hello,

real quick this time as I have very little time (got to spend it all on the $$  8)

- The Menu structure is available both in English and in German 
- The 4 Disc Box will be different; instead of just housing the two 2-Disc Digipacks with Slipcase put together the Box will be a 4-Disc Digipack folder with a new slipcase.

- Sorry, but both Fistful Of Dynamite and The Good The Bad And The Ugly are MGM; we do not work on these films. MGM released FoD in a 150 Minute version; which would translate to 157 Minutes on 24fps film.

- Re: "M" :  Yes, I have seen the DVD and I know the detail of the work Criterion did.  The presentation is very good, but I am a bit surprised that the master is both zoomed in (some 10-15% of picture information is no longer visible) and is too bright.  The film was shot with the specific aim to show the mood of the "Hinterhof Wohnungen" - housing projects for the very poor in the backyards of houses, where very little light came in through the windows. It was a bleak atmosphere and living conditions.  M was shot on a set; but Lang knew how to recreate the exact conditions of such a small apartment, if you can even call it that.  On the Criterion, these shots look like a set.  On 35mm film they do not.  We transferred the film also on a Spirit Datacine and paid very close attention to these details, correcting more than 600 shots during transfer on DaVinci 2Kplus in order to get the most out of these elements in the most accurate way.  We have a screenshot comparison to illustrate at www.tle-films.com.

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #36 : June 29, 2005, 04:02:36 PM »

I will certainly be buying one of these sets, either the 2-disc My Name is Nobody, or the 4-disc one with the sequel. I've never seen Nobody is the Greatest, though. Is it any good? Can someone on the board vouch for it?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Torsten Kaiser TLE
Road Apple

« #37 : July 01, 2005, 11:04:55 AM »

Just to let you know that we have posted the artwork of the two releases as well as High Definition comparison shots on the TLEFilms website - located at www.TLE-Films.com  :)

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
PlasmaSMP
Road Apple

Il Magnifico Mercenario

« #38 : July 01, 2005, 11:42:03 PM »

Torsten, any chance of seeing a HDCAM, D-VHS, or a WMV-HD version of these films? They look great, and I'm glad you have sample HD frames to look at. Impressive.

That's also quite an impressve assortment of equipment your company has.

I just need to scan in about 900 feet of S16 I shot...   ;)

youtube.com/eyepatchtv
Torsten Kaiser TLE
Road Apple

« #39 : July 02, 2005, 12:17:26 AM »

@  PlasmaSMP:

Thanx.  Considering the policy of Paramount HE worldwide, a release on WMV-HD is highly unlikely, and rightfully so (since the <10Mbps bitrate is way to low to be even considered HD material, especially in "action" scenes, where artifacts are flying big time in the format).  As for D-VHS, this format is not very popular in the region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) for which the license for distribution was obtained, so again; very unlikely.  Digital Theater is another matter; but this would mean a new contract altogether, so HDCAM, just as Disc versions for HD, is something to be considered for future plans - and that is too far away.  However, in general, for Digital Theater presentation a HDCAM SR resolution @440 Mbps @ 4:4:4 would be a much wiser investment  ;D  But, as I said, we are getting way ahead of ourselves...   

We also do transfers (also S16) - if you want to do it with us, fine  :)  Where R you located ? 

« : July 02, 2005, 12:19:06 AM Torsten Kaiser TLE »

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #40 : August 21, 2005, 02:19:47 AM »

Anybody got hold of the German paramount DVD yet?

Isildur
Road Apple

« #41 : August 23, 2005, 03:57:37 AM »

On areadvd.de they have reviewed the disc. Of course it's in German so I pulled it through a German -> English translator. I have made some quick corrections to the translation so it should be more or less readable. :)

Original german review

Picture (5.5 out of 6 stars)

Although Paramount possesses the "Nobody" of DVD rights only for the German-speaking countries, the film for this DVD publication was complex restored and a new HD scan was made by a 35-mm negative with German-language linking up insertions. In the bonus material the restoration process is described in great detail. The film is presented on DVD including missing sequences and the complete end credits.

The image quality is very good for the age of the film and exceeds in most scenes even the quality of today's DVDs clearly. The master has an predominantly good picture quality, which is in view of the achievement tidy over 600 splices, which had to be controlled and adapted. The master shows as well as no scratches or other disturbances. The contrast is very high and lets the picture thereby appear very synthetic. Dark scenes appear in deep black. The color reproduction is very good and despite a tidy saturation, which is in the deep blue of the sky again, the colors is very naturally represented. The sharpness is on very high level and also the detail rendering is excellent in close-ups. This high level is not maintained constantly, since e.g. the opening titles appears somewhat less sharp, yet the detail rendering is very good in the majority of the film. This is made possible among other things by the outstanding compression. The capacity of the DVD is almost completely used with 97% - a proceeding which is much too rare unfortunately nowadays and therefore should find special acknowledgment. The very high video bit rate is obtained by the optimal utilization of capacity by almost constantly approximately 8,8 Mbps. Fine irregularities arise primarily with movements in scenes with highly detailed surfaces. Altogether the picture is however very calm and clean.

Sound

The sound was revised likewise and restored as good as possible, the sound is presented in both German and in original English mono. A 5.1-Mix with artificial sound effects is not offered as the DVD producer did not like this.

The sound offers as good as none dynamics and also the music only with little gloss in mono is shown, but the  dialogue is very clear: Only a few distortions and some hiss are still there to be noticed and the German Dub is also better with it's brighter sound to understand than the somewhat muffled sounding dialogues of the original version.

Special feature (6 out of 6 Stars)

The German Paramount Home Entertainment let make very extensive bonus material again, which is presented completely in the German language specially for the DVD publication:

* approx. 75-minute documentary "Nobody Is Perfect: Leones grave singing on the Western of the old generation ": This very comprehensive documentation tells the history of the emergence of "my name is Nobody" after. Commentating sounds sometimes somewhat stressed academic, but nothing the despite this is one of the most material film documentations, which there are at all on DVD and itself differentiated from the nowadays usual Promo Making ofs in a well-meaning manner.

* approx. 35-minute documentary "NOBODY ' Dusted ' - the film before and after the restoration": By the example of the publications of "Nobody" on the most diverse media the history of the home cinema is repeated. It begins not only with video home system, but already with that 8 mm film, in which "Nobody" became available for the domestic use for the first time. The technical progress between the individual technologies is descriptive represented to video home system & Laserdisc versions on the basis picture comparisons of the new Hp HD-Masters with the 8-mm -.

* Gallery with music: rare pieces of collector's items of the film supported by Ennio Morricone's soundtrack, with Postern & cinema notice photos, photos, film/video/audio publications, curiosities and A. from Germany, the USA, Japan, Mexico, France, Belgium, Great Britain and Austria.

* "Nobody in The news": - rare press books - exclusive presentation of the German and American press books with detailed information and, diagrams and advertisement would background.

* "Nobody in 8 mm": approx. 20-minute graduation Reel of 1976 and approx. 7-minute excerpt from the German publication on 8 mm. Despite optimum scanning these two tie-clips show very clearly, which progress the video technology made in the last decades and for "home cinema" still before 20 years have been as grausig must.

* Eastwood & Leone: "shortly on DVD" Promotrailer

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #42 : August 24, 2005, 02:32:04 AM »

German 4 Disc come throu the post this morning. Can't wait to give it a spin this weekend.  ;)

Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

« #43 : August 25, 2005, 01:39:02 AM »

Just got my copy too (4-disc slip-case) - haven't seen either of these films so I have nothing to compare against, but will post some details ASAP, unless someone beats me to it.  ;)

Slip-case is quite slim, cover is in landscape as opposed to portrait.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #44 : August 25, 2005, 12:56:23 PM »

Nobody, you're the greatest 8)

: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines