Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2018, 08:15:33 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My name is nobody rerelease
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
: My name is nobody rerelease  ( 46181 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #90 : October 30, 2005, 07:17:03 PM »

Let me second what You dirty son of a... said. Just watched my copy last night and it was an amazing experience. Not only is the picture as clean and as beautiful as you could hope, the sound is much improved. Also, there is about 2 minutes of additional material inserted back into the film that was missing from previous versions. The material is part of the funhouse sequence, and although that has never been my favorite part of the film, the sequence is much improved for having the restored material.

I guess I can understand why some people may not like this film, but I think it is fun having SL himself parodying his style as well as poking occasional fun at Peckinpah. And if you are ever gonna watch this film on home video, you want to see it via this new German DVD. Can't wait to see what these guys do with FAFDM!

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #91 : November 30, 2005, 10:06:49 AM »

The DVD is excellent. First time I had watched My Name Is Nobody and I really enjoyed it. Nobody Is The Greatest on the other hand.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Sundance
Gunslinger

« #92 : October 11, 2006, 08:56:30 PM »

Oh well, I think the following info fits in here perfectly. ;D

A member, Keaton, at a finnish DVD forum has realized there is a difference in the dialogue between the Paramount disc from Germany and the not so good looking Scandinavian release (I haven't had the time to check for any other discs yet, or even confirm this by myself).

While in the scandinavian disc Red tells Fonda "you go... go where? you go fuck yourself" in the Paramount disc it goes "you go... go where? you go screw yourself".

Also, apparently the sounds caused by the train drivers "gas trouble" are missing from the Paramount disc. ;D

« : October 11, 2006, 08:58:33 PM Sundance »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #93 : October 12, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »

Wow, you really want to go down this road? The German dub   differs from the English one in many, many ways (apparently, I'm not fluent in Deutsch). One I happened to notice, in the bomb-in-a-basket scene, Nobody keeps referring to Beauregard as "Grossmutter" and himself as Little Red Riding Hood.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
mezcal
Bandido

« #94 : May 26, 2007, 10:14:02 AM »

Didn't see this post, but the price has dropped on the german dvd's, i just need to find a reasonable way to ship them to canada, please help
thankshttp://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=5556.0

Sundance
Gunslinger

« #95 : May 31, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

Wow, you really want to go down this road? The German dub   differs from the English one in many, many ways (apparently, I'm not fluent in Deutsch). One I happened to notice, in the bomb-in-a-basket scene, Nobody keeps referring to Beauregard as "Grossmutter" and himself as Little Red Riding Hood.

Answering to very old post. ;D

Anyways, if it wasn't clear (although I'm sure it was...), what I meant was that there are two different english tracks for My Name Is Nobody and the German disc seems to be using censored one. Censored English vs uncensored English, and English vs German are a bit different thing don't you think? ;)

: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines