Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:03:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Harmonica`s scar
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harmonica`s scar  (Read 8847 times)
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2004, 09:01:48 AM »

Yep, I agree, Harmonica almost transcends time and space throughout the entire film and to show him beat to a pulp in the first reels would hurt his character immensely, still would have loved to see the footage on the new DVD set though as an independent supplement...  

« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 09:02:49 AM by Jayson Kennedy » Logged

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2004, 11:42:44 AM »

True. Now that we KNOW that the scene existed, and we even saw the photos of the scene, I don't mind to have the scene included, not in the film, but in an independent supplement.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
JFM
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 03:35:45 PM »

My understanding was/is that the cut scene involved Harmonica being beaten up by the town sheriff & his men, who thought Harmonica might have had something to do with the McBain killing. I could be wrong...

Anyway, I saw the DVD recently and didn't know anything about that cut scene. When Harmonica appeared with the scar, I assumed (automatically) that he had received it by Jill's doing.

During the previous night she hears Harmonica's harmonica, looks out the window and sees a match being lit. She fires a rifle shot and the match drops to the ground. I took it that the bullet had hit/scratched Harmonica.

At least that way the scar makes sense.

---
jfm

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 01:45:23 PM »

The scar is definetelly from the beatten scene.

I saw some photos from that scene who doen's exists anymore, the problem is that I don't remember where.

Could it possibly has been in this very site???

Someone remembers?

KERMIT
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 02:04:32 PM »

i was thinking maybe bronson had an accident during fliming but if that were the case the make-up department would have covered it up.  Undecided

JFM
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 07:59:36 PM »

The scar is definetelly from the beatten scene.
I saw some photos from that scene who doen's exists anymore, the problem is that I don't remember where.
Someone remembers?

I know it's from the cut scene. I only meant that it doesn't have to be seen as a continuity error. Since the movie doesn't explain where tyhe scar originates, the audience is free to use its own mind.

---
jfm

COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 02:25:17 AM »

It thing Leone was wright in not including this scene. It would have shown us an Harmonica not so "invincible" or "untouchable".

I know that Harmonica was shot in the very first scene of the movie. But to be shot is not the same thing that to be beated.

I can stand a scene in wich Harmonica is shot in a duel, even if he have 3 rivals in front of him. But I'm not prepared to see Harmonica humillated by three guys beating him, if you know what I mean.

Sure Shorty, and  we are not prepared to see Harmonica speaking with a female and accepting to be touched by her.
Harmonica must be non-human . he must be a rock.

It seems that Sergio  suppressed all scenes where his heroe has a sexuality ( remember the famous "Clint-in-bed" deleted scene) or a normal sexuality ( Noodles in bed with Eve)

Time is on my side...
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 01:14:50 PM »

Yeah, but I was watching OUTW one more time yesterday and I noticed that Harmonica touched the breast of Jill when he pushed her, before killing the two men near the well.

He could have touch her anywhere else, but the image is clear!!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM