Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2020, 11:25:51 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Film-Noir Discussion/DVD Review Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110
: Film-Noir Discussion/DVD Review Thread  ( 641221 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1605 : February 23, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »

Now we're talkin': https://vimeo.com/361849096

I'm guessing this will lead to a Blu very quickly . . .

Nothing with English subs on Amazon, just checked

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #1606 : February 26, 2020, 10:46:25 AM »

The Killer That Stalked New York (1950) - Known to me as The Movie That Was So Forgettable That I Forgot I Saw This Recently. I'm not much of a fan of Panic in the Streets but it really shines in comparison, which is a shame because Evelyn Keyes is great and this has some really nice locations. But just save yourself the laborious 75 mins and just watch the trailer. Total turkey. As for the transfer on the Noir Archive Vol 1, it's okay, with the exterior stuff standing out. D

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #1607 : February 26, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »

The Killer That Stalked New York (1950) - Known to me as The Movie That Was So Forgettable That I Forgot I Saw This Recently. I'm not much of a fan of Panic in the Streets but it really shines in comparison, which is a shame because Evelyn Keyes is great and this has some really nice locations. But just save yourself the laborious 75 mins and just watch the trailer. Total turkey. As for the transfer on the Noir Archive Vol 1, it's okay, with the exterior stuff standing out. D

we have a thrad for this
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=11222.msg155583#msg155583

I don't think it's bad at all

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #1608 : February 26, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »

we have a thrad for this
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=11222.msg155583#msg155583

I don't think it's bad at all

I have the three Noir Archive bluray sets so it's easier for others to keep track of if I post the mini reviews in here. But thanks for the heads up about the thread.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1609 : February 27, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »

As CJ makes clear in that thread, most of the pleasure from the film these days is provided by the shots of an earlier NYC.

I agree that Panic in the Streets, on a nearly identical subject, is the superior film. That raises an interesting issue: the numbers of noirs that are clones of other noirs. Often there are pairs of films that have virtually the same plot, but one of the two is always to be preferred. Examples include Rage in Heaven vs. Undercurrent (I prefer Undercurrent) and The Crooked Way vs. Somewhere in the Night (I prefer Somewhere in the Night). There are many more examples, but they don't immediately spring to mind at the moment (but I'm sure our stalwart board members can provide all the titles we need).

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #1610 : February 27, 2020, 01:32:45 PM »

Maybe now there will be a third installment of the trilogy, ?Coronavirus in the Streets?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #1611 : February 28, 2020, 07:54:12 AM »

How about Coronavirus on the Cruise Ship? How about The Poseidon Coronavirus Adventure?

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #1612 : March 04, 2020, 07:29:21 AM »

Here it comes: https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26493

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1613 : March 04, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »

Does it have English subs?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #1614 : March 04, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »

How about The Poseidon Coronavirus Adventure?

That would turn our world upside down.

The hysteria seems way worse than the virus !

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #1615 : March 04, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »

Does it have English subs?
Yes. It is an American market release.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #1616 : March 04, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »

That would turn our world upside down.

The hysteria seems way worse than the virus !
And there's a movie in that too . . .

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #1617 : March 04, 2020, 10:14:22 PM »

6 people in New York state are infected- 5 of them live in DJ's own Westchester County. And others there are under quarantine. There likely will be more cases there announced shortly.

They announced today that 5 more people were infected in Westchester. Total of 10 now.

And guess what ... I was just at a conference with 18,000 people in Washington a few days ago. And now they sent everyone an email that a few of the people at the conference may have had some connection with one of the infected people in Westchester.

Nobody at the conference has coronavirus (yet). But those people who had connection with that Westchester guy are in quarantine now. And if it turns out that some of them have the virus, who knows if they won't quarantine all 18,000 of us.

I hope they make us quarantine. 14 straight days of ditching work, watching movies, and ordering Uber Eats. I'm looking forward to it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1618 : March 05, 2020, 05:38:09 AM »

Yes. It is an American market release.

It's not showing up on Amazon yet only the French Blu

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #1619 : March 05, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »

It's not showing up on Amazon yet only the French Blu
You are correct. Patience, patience.

UPDATE: Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/S%C3%A9rie-Noire-Blu-ray-Patrick-Dewaere/dp/B0858SZWHQ/ref=sr_1_13?

« : March 05, 2020, 08:59:31 AM dave jenkins »

: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines