Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 09:17:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Ugly Ones aka El precio de un hombre (1967)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ugly Ones aka El precio de un hombre (1967)  (Read 9639 times)
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 12:00:27 PM »

I won't give high marks to this movie. There are some interesting scenes at the beginning and towards the end, but most of the rest in between drags forewer and . The musical score from Stelvio Cipriani is OK. Not Milian's best role, but in fairness I don't think he could have done much better with the uninteresting script.

In summary, I found the movie boring, but watchable if you have nothing better to do. 5 out of 10.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »

I think the movie is very good until Milian changes his personality and becomes an as...le for no apparent reason. He  plays without going over the top like it will happen in films to come, and he's not helped by the character. Still I think the movie is worth watching for the way it treats personalities and develops situations, much like an AW would do. If Milian change had been treated more subtly this could have earned even a 9\10 (I don't like the limey playing the bounty hunter). As it is it gets a 6\10.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »

I think the movie is very good until Milian changes his personality and becomes an as...le for no apparent reason.

To me it felt like he was always a nasty guy which made me question why the good townsfolk liked him and protected him so much.
Had it been played as him being a kind and gentle bandit then later removing the facade I would have bought the motivation of the characters more.
I like the limey.
I like how he doesn't confront his adversaries head on but hides around and shoots them in the back.
Tony Anthony would perfect this formula a year later.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:37:57 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 06:00:01 AM »

This movie always seems a bit flat for me though i like Milians performance.

Haven't watched it in ages but i never realised that Wyler was English.But he does seem a bit out of place in a sw and would fit better in an old fashioned Hollywood western,he probably has for all i know.  Undecided

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:00:10 AM »

I think this movie should earn a remake, with a stronger plot about the way the main villain changes his character (FC, keep in mind how he had spared the lives of the two survivors in the initial shooting. Hadn't even thought about killing them for having heard the plans) or at least how he's shown as an as..le from the start though only privately. It is a wasted chance about the way a supportive folk, once it's embroiled directly, can see things differently about a outlaw hero. Something I never saw in a BTK or JJ gang.   
About the limey, he draws a diminutive figure, he's not imposing, as he should be, expecially in front of a Milian (who hadn't still developed his subsequent mimicry). His face is Ok, though.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »

Saw this today, its Ok, nothing special and the score is decent. 6/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM