Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 01:40:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Manco Enters Indio's Den
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manco Enters Indio's Den  (Read 4268 times)
Sancho
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 02:05:33 AM »

Hi,
When Manco enterns Indio's den Indio asks him why did he help sancho out of jail. Manco replies -
"Well such a big reward been offered on all of you gentleman I thought I might tag along with your next robbery.
*MIGHT JUST TURN YOU INTO THE LAW*
Indio replies that this answers proves that he is all right. From what angle is the answer all right can someone please explain.  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:10:52 AM by Sancho » Logged

I did get off.

Why dont you add some streaming Audio and Video  to your website -
http://www.webamplayer.com
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 05:58:26 AM »

Hi,
When Manco enterns Indio's den Indio asks him why did he help sancho out of jail. Manco replies -
"Well such a big reward been offered on all of you gentleman I thought I might tag along with your next robbery.
*MIGHT JUST TURN YOU INTO THE LAW*
Indio replies that this answers proves that he is all right. From what angle is the answer all right can someone please explain.  Smiley

"Big reward on you gentleman" Respect between bandits maybe?
TURN YOU INTO THE LAW is a tail pull. Even thou both have a double-cross meanings from a Bounty Killer
Indio's band arn't just stealing tacos and liquor from behind a general stores. They take down big scores. How much dust you kick up in town defines the zeros in the your wanted poster.
Relentlessly murder of folk & stealing of federal money, must send the bounty throu the roof. Meaning higher stakes/ Meaning Monco is into make a higher cut of the money.

Another thing in FAFDM about Bandit  pride & proeess when it comes to the bounty on a wanted poster.
A remark by the Train Ticket Vendor to Mortimer on his arrival in town. Guy Callaway not being too happy with the portral of his infamous reputation "a measly thousand dollars is much to little" , then adding a few zeros to his wanted poster.

"...well...at least, it's been that way till now"  Wink

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:23:50 PM by The Smoker » Logged

Sancho
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:08:22 AM »

That one answer explains it clearly.  Wink
btw: You have an awesome avtar.

I did get off.

KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 08:31:21 PM »

"Big reward on you gentleman" Respect between bandits maybe?
TURN YOU INTO THE LAW is a tail pull. Even thou both have a double-cross meanings from a Bounty Killer
Indio's band arn't just stealing tacos and liquor from behind a general stores. They take down big scores. How much dust you kick up in town defines the zeros in the your wanted poster.
Relentlessly murder of folk & stealing of federal money, must send the bounty throu the roof. Meaning higher stakes/ Meaning Monco is into make a higher cut of the money.

Another thing in FAFDM about Bandit  pride & proeess when it comes to the bounty on a wanted poster.
A remark by the Train Ticket Vendor to Mortimer on his arrival in town. Guy Callaway not being too happy with the portral of his infamous reputation "a measly thousand dollars is much to little" , then adding a few zeros to his wanted poster.

"...well...at least, it's been that way till now"  Wink
i agree sancho, well put.  thanks smoke.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 04:24:48 PM »

Here's my take on it: I think that Indio may very well have already been planning the annihilation of his own gang at the point Manco showed up.  As he said to Nino, I think that he knew from the start Monco was a bounty killer, and didn't really care overly much that he wiped out "Paco, Chico, Blackie" on the way to Santa Cruz.  He would've kept the gang intact long enough to rob the bank, and slowly cause his men to turn on each other.  It's pretty clear that this was intention anyway, he wanted the money and considered all of his men except Nino to be "useful idiots" (obviously he underestimated Groggy Wink ).  The arrival of Monco on the scene just helped speed up the process.

Just my take.

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 03:43:38 AM »

Exactly.
Theres also that doomed quality to Indio. Obviously with the flashback baggage he's carrying.
The look on his face sometimes betrays that he knows either Mortimer or Monco will be his undoing.

The extanded cut of the beating helps this thoery (The cutting of this scene just helps a good guy & bad guy monoism, cut to the action shootout). On top of letting the Bounty Killers go to exterminate his gang, and Indio being quite distant from Groggy at the table playing with the insect. He's a man waiting to die.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 04:02:52 AM by The Smoker » Logged

Sancho
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 12:20:35 PM »

Thank you amigos for the clear explanations. Regarding dismissal of the band...we see everyone being killed right from Sleem ... Cuchilio... and ending by Indio and Groggy.

What happened to Sancho?

I did get off.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:49 PM »

Exactly.
Theres also that doomed quality to Indio. Obviously with the flasback baggage he's carrying.
The look on his face sometimes betrays that he knows either Mortimer or Monco will be his undoing.

The extanded cut of the beating helps this thoery (The cutting of this scene just helps a good guy & bad guy monoism, cut to the action shootout). On top of letting the Trio go to exterminate his gang, and Indio being quite distant from Groggy at the table playing with the insect. He's a man waiting to die.

"a man waiting to die" could that be the reason he went for the showdown with Mortimer knowing Manco was still out there somewhere probably waiting for the result of the shootout with a bullet ready??? Huh Huh

Anyway.... what did happen to Sancho. Are all the gang accounted for at the end when they are searching for Manco and Mortimer??? Huh Huh

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Charlie Siringo
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 01:21:37 PM »

Re Sancho, he and the 2nd largest gang member (not ref to by name) were shot together, one by Manco and one by the Col. Their killings took place at a distance, with no close-ups of either, and it is only by process of elimination you know which 2 were killed!

IOW Sancho (and AN Other) were  killed after Nino but b4 Huey & Frisco.

Hope that helps!

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 05:12:22 AM »

Someone dig up that Indio's Heroes thread...

It's class.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 11:13:41 PM »

Anyway.... what did happen to Sancho. Are all the gang accounted for at the end when they are searching for Manco and Mortimer??? Huh Huh

Ice

Yup. Counting Indio, there were 15 gang members. All are accounted for by the end of film.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Huey
Bandido

A whole month!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 08:57:23 AM »

Thank you amigos for the clear explanations. Regarding dismissal of the band...we see everyone being killed right from Sleem ... Cuchilio... and ending by Indio and Groggy.

What happened to Sancho?

First three to go were Blackie, Chico and Paco killed by Manco en route to Santa Cruz.

Twelve carried out the El Paso raid and you can count all twelve when they shoot open the drinks cabinet.

Next to go is Wild (Kinski) shot by Mortimer's derringer.

Then we have the internecine sequence with Nino stabbing Slim and Indio shooting Cuchillo before Groggy rumbles the plan and kills Nino.  And then there were eight!

Now it gets a little confusing.  Two including Sancho are shot jointly by Mortimer and Manco in the street.  I don't know which other was shot in this sequence, but Sancho was definitely one.

Then Mortimer turns the tables on yours truly  Embarrassed and another unknown bandit by shooting through the wagon's anchor rope.

Frisco and the third unknown bandit are then killed by Manco from the swivel chair.

Finally the showdown which disposes of Indio and then the aftermath in which Groggy is finished off.

The problem is these three unknown bandits who were killed with Sancho, Huey and Frisco.

Huh

Where life had no value, death sometimes had its price
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM