Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 01:57:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cut to ribbons
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cut to ribbons  (Read 1848 times)
LINCOLNS GRANDFATHER
Bandido

Never seen so many men wasted so badly.

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:21:11 AM »

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, I got the 3 new dvds on the day they were in the shops, got em home and lo and behold they cut FAFDM and tried to cover it up in the extras part. I refer to the torture scene of course and " Im letting you live hero " we get less manical laughter. If I still have these longer scenes on VHS why cant the powers that be include em ? Dont tell me they hav'nt got copies or the technology to transfer from VHS. Been waiting months for these versions and they do this to us. I feel more fired up than Cheyenne. Id return it but I want my free poster ! Even the extras explaining this are of a lesser quality both visually and on the audio track. The same thing they did with the last dvd release a few years back. You've changed packaging but you've still got the same deal !

So many of us have had a session in there.
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 02:09:16 PM »

I'm with you, my friend, am fed up buying "versions" of movies that I saw uncut (in earlier post I spoke of how these films were shown uncut in IRELAND on first release which is when/where I first saw them) only to find bits snipped here and there. Sad at DVD promises only to find DVD disapointments!  Sad

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 02:13:22 PM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 02:48:11 PM »

I truely wish Warner still owned the rights like back in the 80s. When comes to restoring there films there at the top of the league on DVD. They don't have documentries boasting about their efforts.
Its all there in the feature. With the work on their 1930s/40s Gangster movies of recent, rivals Criterion for care of film.

Im not surprised MGM have been sold up the river.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM