Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 10:04:46 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Captain Apache
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Captain Apache  ( 18430 )
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #45 : March 14, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »

Being a LVC admirer, I decided I had to watch Captain Apache to see if it was as bad as the reviews say. And after 90 painful minutes in front of the TV, I came to the conclusion that it is even worse than Bad Man's River or God's Gun (and those two are really bad!!).  :o

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #46 : March 19, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »

Very bad film and as FC stated 9/10 on the crapometer but still 10/10 on entertainment value. :D

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #47 : September 17, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »

I saw the movie yesterday and I don't remember if I saw this in a theatre though I'm sure I saw the bare chested, metrosexual scene before. And I sure would have removed it from my memory as the movie has little to nothing to offer, let alone LVC's beaver on his head0. I don't know who Alexander Singer is but I would have bet this was a Margheriti movie: he shot that kind of plot n times, even with LVC. I also think LVC sang only the final credit song, not the start credit one. 3\10

uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #48 : June 23, 2018, 10:11:39 PM »

FC and Banjo nailed it!
Watched this on Kino ws dvd.

If you look closely,  you can tell Lee is sucking in his gut during the nude scene.  But he is in pretty good shape.

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
moorman
Bandido

« #49 : June 24, 2018, 02:56:52 PM »

I saw the movie yesterday and I don't remember if I saw this in a theatre though I'm sure I saw the bare chested, metrosexual scene before. And I sure would have removed it from my memory as the movie has little to nothing to offer, let alone LVC's beaver on his head0. I don't know who Alexander Singer is but I would have bet this was a Margheriti movie: he shot that kind of plot n times, even with LVC. I also think LVC sang only the final credit song, not the start credit one. 3\10

You know something. God's Gun had POTENTIAL.  I saw it as part of a box set I have of westerns. I honestly believe a better director could've brought that one up to at least a 6 out of 10.  As far as Captain Apache goes, for a bad movie, its gotten 4 pages worth of threads here, lol.  I imagine its because we all respect Lee Van Cleef soo much that its gonna generate that many comments just based on that fact...

uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #50 : June 24, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »

Anyone notice that the theme of discrimination against American Indians did not extend to homosexuals? The Captain repeatedly calls the twin brothers "freaks"!

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines