Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 03:43:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Any Gun Can Play aka Vado... l'ammazzo e torno (1967)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any Gun Can Play aka Vado... l'ammazzo e torno (1967)  (Read 16889 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 06:02:55 AM »

Try to watch the movie through your own eyes, not another person's. Like you did the first time. And don't go for too hidden meanings.
I agree with what you're saying about one drawing his/her  own opinion about movies.However i think one of the main reasons why people buy books by Frayling/Hughes and others and also communicate on forums like these is to learn new insights into Leone & Co's films.I certainly don't take everything Hughes says as gospel-he doesn't think much of DYS or UOATIA ,most of us think different.
About gays-live and let live i say.I don't know if you have ever seen any of the British Carry-On comedies Titoli.I've always enjoyed the  characters played by the likes of Kenneth Williams,Frankie Howard and Charles Hawtrey and i always took this strange "campy" persona of theirs as just them trying to be funny.It took me well into adulthood before i found out they were all gay but i don't think any less of them and still enjoy these seaside postcard innuendo type comedies from a time before PC was invented!

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »

About gays-live and let live i say.

Well, this was my philosophy until very recently. This all changed with the question of gay weddings and, even more, children adoption by homosexual couples.  It seems to me that, to defend the minorities rights we are abusing the majorities. I mean, as a heterosexual I wouldn't have liked to have been adopted by homosexual parents and, I think, I presume it is the same with other heterosexuals like me who, until the contrary it is proven, constitute the majority of world population. The family is a heterosexual institution  by definition, as it is based and has as its end the procreation. The gay wedding it can't be but a travesty of it. Still, if the homosexual couples want to have some kind of recognition for  legal or other ends I can close an eye. But adoption or even procreation by artificial means is out of question. Apparently, though, it's only the religious organizations (starting from the catholic church) who seem to oppose this. A pity, as I am an atheist, that I have to side with them. Still I think that this is really a violence made on some unfortunate people who have no means to defend themselves.   

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »

The gay wedding it can't be but a travesty of it. Still, if the homosexual couples want to have some kind of recognition for  legal or other ends I can close an eye.    
This has only just been introduced to the UK but i gather from news programmes that "married" gay partners don't like the word "marriage" but prefer something like a "civil partnership".
I do agree with you totally about adoption ,we shouldn't allow gays to have their cake and eat it and the needs of children should come first.
We really are going off topic now,apologises everyone!

KERMIT
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »

anyone ever seen this ?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062429/maindetails

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

I dont think this should be in this section but anyway...

Yeah I have seen it. it is a fun adventure comedy starring everybodies favorite happy go lucky Bounty hunter George Hilton. The film has a close resemblance to GBU(which is why I guess you put it here) in which three adversaries  Back stab, join up, shoot, double cross and try to kill one another on the trail to finding a hidden treasure. the film is pretty much played for laughs but it has a lot of great moments in it. The end has a mock GBU trio stand off but it is not as glorious as Leone's entry. There is a nice cute happy ending in which all three get a share in the gold.

The film also stars the lesser Edd Byrnes and Gilbert Roland.
I say give it a look if you can get it for under $9.99 like me.
Be sure to get the uncut version which features Lee van cleef, Franco nero and Clint Eastwood look alikes in the intro. Most say that is the high light of the film, I would have to disagree, there is a enough action and fun to be had here, not just in the first 5 minutes.

certainly no where near the best spaghetti western, but a good one to add to the collection.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:22:34 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
KERMIT
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 09:37:25 PM »

correct.  post belongs under "other films."

good sum up FC  Grin

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »

Have you seen it Kermit? Or were you thinking of buying it and looking for an opinion?

KERMIT
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 12:00:09 PM »

just curious. i'd never heard of it before.  there seems to
be mixed oppinions on it.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »

It's an alright movie by a sw master ( Enzo Castellari ). It's fun but should NOT be taken seriously in any way.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »

Peacemaker since you live in New York you can probably pick up some spaghetti westerns at the Virgin record store.

rumor has it the stores are going out of buissness.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 10:41:55 PM »

rumor has it the stores are going out of buissness.

Never heard that rumor. I should go run down there sometime and see what they got.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »

I should go run down there sometime and see what they got.

yes you should. They usually have a few of the Blue Underground releases Like Django and Mannaja. But they also usually carry "Django the bastard", "man called Sledge", "Any Gun Can Play" and "Django Kill".

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »

I always wanted to see a man called blade. It looks like a rip-off of OUATITW but I like rip-offs!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »

It looks like a rip-off of OUATITW but I like rip-offs!

it is not a rip-off at all. Though it has a similar flashback sequence(but what spaghetti doesnt?) and they copied the idea of having a harmonica be apart of the music, the film is a standard revenge tale. personally I think it is rather slow the first hour with a few well done action scenes and a great fist fight. It really picks up the last half hour and becomes something special.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »

it is not a rip-off at all. Though it has a similar flashback sequence(but what spaghetti doesnt?) and they copied the idea of having a harmonica be apart of the music, the film is a standard revenge tale. personally I think it is rather slow the first hour with a few well done action scenes and a great fist fight. It really picks up the last half hour and becomes something special.

Well, the Voller-McGowan partnership is kinda' like the Frank-Morton partnership in OUATITW.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM