Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:24:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Please help me I.D. this clip!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help me I.D. this clip!  (Read 2669 times)
irishkale
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

Ok. maybe this should go into the Trivia section... but anyways...

I need to I.D. this clip for a compilation tape that I'm remastering.  Someone told me it might be from "Once Upon a Time in the West". They suggested that the gunshots sounded "Spaghetti Western"  (apologies if that term offends around these parts).

Can anyone here tell me what movie this is from?

Here's the link:

www.kaleirish.com/Cowboyshoot.mov

TIA....

« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 10:39:00 AM by irishkale » Logged
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 10:39:41 AM »

I'm sorry, I don't know the film it is coming from, but I can tell you it's not from Once Upon a Time in the West.  It looks like it's cut badly too, so I think you'll have to go looking for cheaper spaghetti westerns (which is not a offensive name, I always smile when I hear the word Cheesy)

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
irishkale
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 09:17:45 PM »

Thanks for your reply....  The bad cutting is my fault... the clip is actually from a compilation tape and there is another unrelated clip in-between.  I need to locate the clip because I'm remastering this compilation tape so I have tons of obscure short clips that I gotta identify.

Hmm.. Right now I am thinking this clip might be a comedy.. the soundtrack is sort of electric-guitar twangy which you probably wouldn't find in a dramatic type western.  Maybe one of the Terence Hill flicks?

Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 07:45:47 AM »

Could be, I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the typical spaghetti western is not known as being 'dramatic' but more as violent and extravagant...  And there's mostly some weird absurd sense of humor in them...

If you have more clips, you can always ask about them.  Not that I know so much about non-Leone westerns, but you never know...  Maybe me or someone else can recognize an actor...

About this clip I can only say it's not from a Leone-film, it's also not from My Name is Nobody and the Hills Run Red. Undecided  Sorry!

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
irishkale
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 10:37:34 AM »

Thanks for the leads guys...

Somebody on the Spaghetti Western in America board I.D.'d this clip for me...

It's from the Jack Palance/Lee Van Cleef flick "God's Gun".

The scene is 57 minutes in; Here's the explanation of the flowers:

Man#1:  "Louis, Everyone in Abilene has layed a bet on you--All their savings!

Man#2: "If we dust ya off, there won't be one person left in this town to lay flowers on yer grave. So we thought we'd bring ya sum, just in case..."

Lee Van Cleef then pulls his gun and shoots em both; good thing, too, because the dude had a six-shooter hidden in the bouquet of flowers.

The goofy background music is also NOT in the original movie, it must have been remixed in by the guy who did the compilation.

Unfortunately the DVD print of this movie from "Digital Works" is atrocious in quality, but luckily the FLIX channel on DSS satellite is showing a much better print of God's Gun this month:

http://sho.com/movies/movies_product.cfm?titleid=113381

« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 10:42:06 AM by irishkale » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM