Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Musical score
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Musical score  (Read 2501 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:53:49 PM »

As we all know, the Leone spaghettis are great in the way that the music score is integrated and essential, really choreographed, especially in scenes such as the Ecstacy of Gold, GBU final gunfight, Jill walking through the station and into Flagstone.  And we know that Leone even played the score on the set while filming.  To me, it seems like this really "came to be" during For a Few Dollars More, where the dying-out sound of the first pocketwatch is over-ridden by the appearance of the second pocketwatch in Manco's hand, where it was absolutely essential to match the scene and timing with the music score.  Comments?

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »

ive always thought that Fistful isnt the realisation of leones style, hes borrowing from Kurosawa alot, its in FAFDM that it first emerges.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »

My first introduction to Leone was through a tape of Morricone's score. With film dialogue skits recorded between the tracks (Ticket Vendor to Mortimer, Indio to Tomaso & Indio's Parable etc. Lets just say it made quite an impression on me.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »

That shot where Eastwood's hand comes in the shot holding the watch with Indio and Mortimer on either side is so surrealist you don't even want to know Shocked

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM