Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 01:43:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  200,000 dollars
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 200,000 dollars  (Read 7460 times)
Beebs
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 02:47:44 PM »

Pretty sure that both the amount in the cash box and the Fo$ budget are 200,000.

As far as I can remember the only line that specifically refers to the amount is Bill Carson's: "200,000 in gold... it's yours, just get me some water!"
don't for get Angel Eyes' "were goin' for a ride... To find 200,000 in gold"

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 03:16:50 PM »

don't for get Angel Eyes' "were goin' for a ride... To find 200,000 in gold"

Not being picky Beebs but he doesn't actually say "in Gold"..he says"we're going for a ride"....."where"...." to find 200000 dollars.....I know the name of the cemetery now and you know the name of the grave"

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 05:09:48 PM »

Not being picky Beebs but he doesn't actually say "in Gold"..he says"we're going for a ride"....."where"...." to find 200000 dollars.....I know the name of the cemetery now and you know the name of the grave"

Ice

Thank you, sir. I apologize. to pick up... "your not going to give me the same treatment?" "Would you talk?" "No probably not" "I didn't think so, not that youre tougher than Tuco but youre smart enough to know talkin won't save you" "Tuco, is he-" "hmmm mm, no, not yet. But he's in very good hands"

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »

Does that mean the size of the coin was determined by how much gold was worth at the time, or the size of the dies??
Well, both. Gold didn't fluctuate in value like it does now. A 20 dollar die would strike 20 dollars worth of gold (an old con was to shave gold coins of tiny amounts of gold; if you could do this with enough different coins, no one would notice and you could save up enough gold shavings to make some extra money).

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 09:01:07 AM »

Well, both. Gold didn't fluctuate in value like it does now. A 20 dollar die would strike 20 dollars worth of gold (an old con was to shave gold coins of tiny amounts of gold; if you could do this with enough different coins, no one would notice and you could save up enough gold shavings to make some extra money).

Now who'd do a naughty thing like that??? LOL

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM