Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:35:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Movies like Godfather(I&II), OUATIA, 1900, etc.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies like Godfather(I&II), OUATIA, 1900, etc.  (Read 1309 times)
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:05:06 PM »

I haven't seen 1900 yet, but I've read a lot about it, seen quite a few pictures and I've been wanting to see it so much!

My most favorite movies are the first two Godfathers and OUATIA. They are very strong, long, deep stories about the many years of the lives of the characters, have that modernized 1950's movie look, etc. and they are films that were taken very seriously and with importance, and with much attention to the smallest detail to ensure historical accuracy and mood in every small aspect of the film.
I find films like the above mentioned(that I have seen) to be some of the greatest but most rarest movies to come about. I think it's the European, Italian in particular, flavor of the films though, but mixed with American actors and settings it's the perfect combination, though I don't think it it's just that in particular, but it is a big factor. Could you imagine all the American aspects of OUATIA not there at all? But then again, could you imagine it being done by an Anglo-American(Or an Anglo in general)?
They even share similarities visually and musically. That soft look with the very carefully done lighting, almost made to look the way they do for the periods they were set in based on how we think of them(Kind of like The Passion of the Christ and other such movies inspired by art from a certain time period that define our views on the subject matter, like how we think of Jesus from Italian painters of the Da Vinci era). People usually call it the "Operatic look", though I don't know if it has anything to do with opera Tongue

Are there any other movies that have that some cult status as GF and OUATIA? I've heard many comparisons of 1900 to those movies and I want to see it so bad. ARGH! I know there has to be some strong, long, epics on the same order of those movies.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 06:28:45 PM by Poggle » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM