Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:13:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  LUGOSI and MORRICONE!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LUGOSI and MORRICONE!  (Read 2186 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2005, 05:40:59 PM »

This may sound daft but.....I recently bought a DVD of a movie starring BELA LUGOSI (big fan) called WHITE ZOMBIE! Now, I'm a huge MORRICONE fan (have seen him in concert twice) so no disrespect to the master intended. BUT, the opening scene contains a soundtrack, that I can only dream was written by ENNIO'S grandfather, cause this soundtrack from this 30's movie is straight out of a MORRICONE (music wise) movie. It sounds like something from THE BIG GUNDOWN or NAVAJO JOE. Please, somebody grab a hold of this flick n' reasure me I'm not losing my mind! It's very, very strange!  Shocked

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 09:51:50 PM »

Hmmmmm...I saw this about a year ago...I remember the carriage on the road...& the kind of voodoolike native chanting they ran into. Is that what you're referring to?
(the movie's available for d/l..as it's public domain...that's how I saw it....the MPEG2 is the best quality..DVD quality & burnable..although as I recall...this print is unrestored...so it's a little clunky)
-->http://www.archive.org/details/white_zombie

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »

This may sound daft but.....I recently bought a DVD of a movie starring BELA LUGOSI (big fan) called WHITE ZOMBIE! Now, I'm a huge MORRICONE fan (have seen him in concert twice) so no disrespect to the master intended. BUT, the opening scene contains a soundtrack, that I can only dream was written by ENNIO'S grandfather, cause this soundtrack from this 30's movie is straight out of a MORRICONE (music wise) movie. It sounds like something from THE BIG GUNDOWN or NAVAJO JOE. Please, somebody grab a hold of this flick n' reasure me I'm not losing my mind! It's very, very strange!  Shocked

it 's not daft.

The main title to WHITE ZOMBIE was reworked by Morricone for use in EXORCIST 2.

Whether this was an "hommage", unintentional, or heaven forbid an outright swipe, I don't know.

I brought this up on the Morricone board some yrs back-and the subject was roundly and completely IGNORED.

Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:58:08 AM »

it 's not daft.

The main title to WHITE ZOMBIE was reworked by Morricone for use in EXORCIST 2.

Whether this was an "hommage", unintentional, or heaven forbid an outright swipe, I don't know.

I brought this up on the Morricone board some yrs back-and the subject was roundly and completely IGNORED.

Many thanks for that info, visitor. Had no idea of the WHITE ZOMBIE/EXORCIST 2 connection. Am going to watch n' listen again. WHITE ZOMBIE is a cracking (and dare I say crackling) piece of soundtrack. Couldn't believe it when I first heard it and had to play it again with my eyes closed. Could have bin' a MORRICONE western theme.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:02:07 AM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM