Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:05:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Wrist Brace
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrist Brace  (Read 4423 times)
Beebs
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:12:27 PM »

What's with Clint's wrist brace in FFDM. Is it a real injury and they used it into the plot? And what I really can't get is why does Indio force it on his arm when he is captured?

Please help the confusseled.

Beebs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:55:13 PM »

I'm suprised one of you great gods of Western trivia hasn't come to my aide yet Huh Wink I think I have one good guess. the brace is seen on him as a Bounty Killer. Indio is finally able to say outloud that he knows hes a Bounty Killer. He puts it on him to say you are a Bounty Killer to me and my men now.

Just a guess...

Egdor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 06:01:19 PM »

I think it’s just a ‘gun glove’ he wears in order not to tire out his palm so much during gunfights.

Beebs
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 06:06:23 PM »

I think it’s just a ‘gun glove’ he wears in order not to tire out his palm so much during gunfights.
Two questions for that. Why does Indio hold it out for him to put on when he is found escaping from the building with the money? and It is interesting how in the bar fight with- gosh what is his name....- the wanted guy he uses only his left. this could be because he keeps his hand on his gun at all times in the bar, but he never uses it. even when he lights his cigar outside only the left.

Egdor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 07:08:30 AM »

Only a gunfighter or, more specifically, a bounty hunter is likely to wear that sort of thing, I guess. Indio probably removes the glove to show triumphantly that he knows what Manco is.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »

So the brace wasn't a medical device to combat carpal tunnel syndrome repetitive motion pain from shooting so many?   Maybe Manco was really a medical pioneer.....

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 12:11:42 PM »

Two questions for that. Why does Indio hold it out for him to put on when he is found escaping from the building with the money? and It is interesting how in the bar fight with- gosh what is his name....- the wanted guy he uses only his left. this could be because he keeps his hand on his gun at all times in the bar, but he never uses it. even when he lights his cigar outside only the left.

Throughout he uses his right hand to shoot and his left for everything else. Manco means "crippled" or "lacking" in Italian, but could also be translated as a masculinised version of "manca" which means "left-hand side".

It's class.
Beebs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 04:24:26 PM »

Throughout he uses his right hand to shoot and his left for everything else. Manco means "crippled" or "lacking" in Italian, but could also be translated as a masculinised version of "manca" which means "left-hand side".
That is probably the most interesting things I've heard on this board. Awesome!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 05:00:54 PM »

but could also be translated as a masculinised version of "manca" which means "left-hand side".

That is really interesting!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »

I'm suprised one of you great gods of Western trivia hasn't come to my aide yet Huh Wink I think I have one good guess. the brace is seen on him as a Bounty Killer. Indio is finally able to say outloud that he knows hes a Bounty Killer. He puts it on him to say you are a Bounty Killer to me and my men now.

Just a guess...

You may be right, this is how Frayling interprets it in his commentary on the FAFDM special edition.....

Jon1
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

I just rewatched FAFDM today and had the same question about the brace?  Indio acted as if the brace was "proof" that Manco was a bounty hunter.  Don't understand...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM