Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:19:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lord of the Flies
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord of the Flies  (Read 9420 times)
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 07:49:04 AM »

In the DVD commentary Christopher Frayling says Jack Elam had honey on his lips. They then waited ages and did dozens of takes waiting for a fly to take the bait. Then the fly on the side of the chair is a fake moved by a magnet.

Yes, I've seen this part too. Must be very hot waiting. I've been at La Calahorra  (Cattle Corner) last year and I can tell you: It's was very hot and no shade at that place.

Beebs
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 09:29:07 AM »

In the DVD commentary Christopher Frayling says Jack Elam had honey on his lips. They then waited ages and did dozens of takes waiting for a fly to take the bait. Then the fly on the side of the chair is a fake moved by a magnet.

I actually had a magnet fly when I was a kid. The magnet was pretty strong - you could easily use it through a table or chair.

Haha, that's very interesting. I can just see them waiting and waiting for a fly and getting the perfect take. It's so realistic that for a while I tought maybe it was an out take that a fly mistakedly started attacking him and they went off of the idea. This of course was only my first opinion. Grin

roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »

There is a good fly sequence in a very good French movie called The girl on the Bridge with Vanessa Paradis and Daniel Auteuil. The action takes place in an hospital. The fly is on the ceiling. Daniel Auteuil puts 3 pieces of sugar on a table for himself, Vanessa and the receptionist. If you want to know on which one the fly landed, you'll have to watch it!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:58:06 PM by roberti » Logged

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »

The new Australian western, THE PROPOSITION has a great plague of flies scene. Can't explain it though or it'll spoil the moment. You'll have to go and see the movie.

Beebs
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 02:46:25 PM »

Hasn't crossed the atlantic (or Pacific depending on whose flying the plane) yet as far as I know, though I'll keep an eye out.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:03 PM »

THE PROPOSITION

Saw the trailer, didnt care much for it I am afraid. Just didnt grasp my interest. I'll probably end up watching it anyway. It will most certainly bomb here.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tim
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »

I watched the trailer for The Proposition and I have to say, I was impressed.  It looks like an Australian spaghetti western, everything's dirty, people could use a bath and a shave.

I noticed in the trailer it says "Grisly violence."  Without giving any plot points away, what exactly is that for those who've seen it?  Similar to graphic I assume.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 02:44:03 PM »

I noticed in the trailer it says "Grisly violence."  Without giving any plot points away, what exactly is that for those who've seen it?  Similar to graphic I assume.

There's buckets of blood, torture, surgery, half a head blown off (an excellent special effect), and an extreemly harrowing rape. All very grisly and grapic.

It looks very much like a Spaghetti, employing locals with "interesting" faces as extras, and the kind of bizarre fashions you only see in Euro westerns. Indeed, although it was shot in Australia, it is a British film, funded mainly with National Lottery money by the UK Film Council. Even the once dreaded "Goldcrest" name appears in the credits, and it's entier post production was done in London. 

I'll try and put up some frame grabs in the next couple of days, on "The Proposition" thread.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2291.0

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

cool, and thanks....

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM