Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 03:51:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Legend of the Lost (1957)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legend of the Lost (1957)  (Read 2214 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »

Another often overlooked classic. A western adventure film starring John Wayne and Sophia Loren about a man hired to go on an expedition in search of treasure. It's absorbing, exotic, and suspenseful. Highly recommended.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 06:11:02 PM »

Just to add a post Smiley

Interesting you like the film. Why? Well, not really important to know, I reflect on the fact that I seem to be the only one around here who likes Colizzi... We know best what we like, don't we (especially WILD BUNCH Smiley)..

I'm a big Wayne-fan & collector, I love desert movies and Hathaway made some great films. The only thing I like about LEGEND is the location (Lybia as I recall..), Scope photography, Wayne's wardrobe and cinemas beloved Italian Sex-goddess.
Weak script, Brazzi is so bad I can't stand it, the combination Wayne/Loren/Brazzi (& Hathaway) doesn't work at all, the soundtrack is awful, the whole thing is just like an aircraft that is too heavy to take off.  But the posters are nice!

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »

Just to add a post Smiley

Interesting you like the film. Why? Well, not really important to know, I reflect on the fact that I seem to be the only one around here who likes Colizzi... We know best what we like, don't we (especially WILD BUNCH Smiley)..

I'm a big Wayne-fan & collector, I love desert movies and Hathaway made some great films. The only thing I like about LEGEND is the location (Lybia as I recall..), Scope photography, Wayne's wardrobe and cinemas beloved Italian Sex-goddess.
Weak script, Brazzi is so bad I can't stand it, the combination Wayne/Loren/Brazzi (& Hathaway) doesn't work at all, the soundtrack is awful, the whole thing is just like an aircraft that is too heavy to take off.  But the posters are nice!

Finally someone responded. haha Thanks mike! I dunno, I'm just facinated by the film. Maybe it's the big and vast dessert locations, and the fact that it has a great cast who I enjoy seeing work together! It's just a film I like.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM