Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:14:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  WaR iS HeLL BuT WHaT oPTioN WaS THeRe?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: WaR iS HeLL BuT WHaT oPTioN WaS THeRe?  ( 27141 )
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #15 : April 03, 2003, 12:57:14 AM »

Who murders Civilians in Israel? : The Palestinians.

Who rejoice at killing Israeli Women and Children: The Palestinians

Who calls for the extermination of the Israeli people: The Palestinians, Saddam Hussein, and a lot of fanatical Arabs. Although the Nazi's got there earlier.

Who supports the rights of the Israeli people to live in peace, despite being continually attacked by Arab Countries in the region: I certainly do.

Who is an apologist for Cowardly Terrorist Assassins?:
You are.

Your Question :  Why the world hate  USA  ?

Answer: Jealousy

What happens when the USA controls Nuclear Weapons? : World Peace.

What would happen if Saddam had all the Nuclear weapons?: World destruction.

What happens if you criticise George Bush in his own country? : Nothing at all, we live in a democracy and enjoy Freedom of Speech.

What happens if you criticise Saddam Hussein in his own Country?: You and your family are tortured to death.

Just be glad that doesn't happen here, and that you are free to express your opinions, however foolish they may be.

TBPJMR
Bandido

« #16 : April 04, 2003, 04:42:15 AM »

A friend of mine said to me that there is a song that begins like this:

"Come you masters of war/you that build the big guns/you that build the death planes..."

and ends like this:

"And I hope that you die/and your death will come soon/I'll follow your casket/by the pale afternoon/and I'll watch while you're lowered/down to your deathbed/and I'll stand o'er your grave/till I'm sure that you're dead"

He said that the song is called Masters of War, and that the author is american! Isn't that funny?

« : April 04, 2003, 04:44:49 AM TBPJMR »

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
visitor
Bandido

« #17 : April 04, 2003, 02:01:22 PM »

Isn't that funny?

No, I don't believe it is funny.  
Funny is "why did the chicken cross the road?" or "take my wife, please!"
War and death and flaming destruction of innocent civilians in high rises and raping and gassing people because they belong to a different tribe than you is not funny.
And using a board like this as a forum for this type of discussion is so juvenile that it's embarrassing me to come here.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #18 : April 04, 2003, 03:32:57 PM »

Visitor, you are probably right, but I think that TBPJMR was being sarcastic, it is just that it is hard to get away from something so polarizing. If the big defence industry of this country is to thrive we have to accomodate them in some way. I bet they ( used to be reffered to as the Military Idustrial Complex) rued the day that the USSR dissolved, now we have a new goal to eliminate terrorism, and bring freedom to the world. Well we will see. It seems that all the strife in Africa was pretty much ignored and still is. Perhaps when we have a regime change here the new regime can declare a war against "environmental" terrorists. And we can declare any who don't agree with the regime "un- American" or traitors. That would be something to see.

TBPJMR I know that I've heard Bob Dylan sing that song but I do not know if he wrote it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
TBPJMR
Bandido

« #19 : April 04, 2003, 05:27:17 PM »

Visitor: you don't think that it is funny: neither do I.
There's a thing called irony, and I meant to use that to point out that may be some american that dislikes the war and disapproves Mr. Bush; on the other side there are europeans that consider this war necessary and so on.
About your last consideration, Visitor, I must say that I can't really understand what's the problem in discussing in this board about what is happening now in the world. You probably feel something I can't perceive.

Cigar Joe, Bob Dylan wrote that song on the tune of an old children ballad called Nuttamun Town, at the age of 21. If someone wants to take a look at those unfunny lyrics, here's the link http://bobdylan.com/songs/masters.html

I don't know Bob Dylan's personal opinion about this war, but I'm sure about that of the folks that nowadays sing it. These sang it in Rome a couple of weeks ago:

« : April 04, 2003, 05:36:22 PM TBPJMR »

visitor
Bandido

« #20 : April 04, 2003, 07:48:32 PM »

There's a thing called irony, and I meant to use that to point out that may be some american that dislikes the war and disapproves Mr. Bush; on the other side there are europeans that consider this war necessary and so on.
About your last consideration, Visitor, I must say that I can't really understand what's the problem in discussing in this board about what is happening now in the world. You probably feel something I can't perceive.

There are plenty of people in  the USA that are against this and all wars as a matter of principle. BUT is a  forum concerning a deceased film director the place to discuss it? Doesn't the film community trivialize violence and rape? Doesn't the film community make violence seem humorous and glamorous? Doesn't the trivialization of topics like this by the film communities of all countries make this an improper forum for this discussion?

FanWithNoName
Chicken Thief

« #21 : April 04, 2003, 11:09:33 PM »

Hey folks, there's lots of political message boards for anyone who wants to discuss the war.   We've found over at  www.clinteastwood.net that political discussions only cause trouble and lead to arguments between members and so we've made that message board a politics-free zone.

This board doesn't have a Moderator, but I wrote Cal and asked him to keep an eye on this thread.   I wouldn't want to see a great community like this one start to erode because of topics like this.

« : April 04, 2003, 11:12:40 PM Matt R »
TBPJMR
Bandido

« #22 : April 04, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

Doesn't the trivialization of topics like this by the film communities of all countries make this an improper forum for this discussion?
Absolutely not. Apart from the matter whether this is a trivialization or not, and for me it is not: but what's the problem if our community discusses an argument like this? Is there a rule that says that here, among us, we MUST talk just about Leone movies, and related movies, and cinema and nothing else?
Before putting a post in this topic I've been reading all the previous posts not in order to make my participation, but to read some opinion of the people I usually talk with about cinema. Is that evil? Wrong? Bad? I don't think so. Your indignation is quite out of place, Visitor.

Harmonica
Bandido

« #23 : April 05, 2003, 12:55:59 AM »

War is    Hell.

"We all have to die.  It's just a question of when..."  -Hombre
visitor
Bandido

« #24 : April 05, 2003, 04:30:26 AM »

Thank you harmonica........your posting of stills from DIE HARD and DIRTY DOZEN are  perfect examples of both irony and the trivialization of the subject matter by film makers and as such, the reason that such discussions are best left off the board.
Common sense dictates that on a board where you can't avoid reading all posts, the posts should remain about the subject matter at hand.

ps: I love THE DIRTY DOZEN, what a great cast

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #25 : April 05, 2003, 07:10:24 AM »

I've seen some boards really disintergrate over politics, so if we can keep it "civilized" it is interesting to see the diverse opinions of people who love the films of Leone.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

« #26 : April 05, 2003, 08:23:11 AM »

isnt the title of this particuler board GENERAL DISCUSSION?

thank the lord for freedom of speech (and healthy debate)

ps. I like the Dirty Dozen too.

visitor
Bandido

« #27 : April 05, 2003, 09:59:22 AM »

isnt the title of this particuler board GENERAL DISCUSSION?

thank the lord for freedom of speech (and healthy debate)

GENERAL DISCUSSION..."anything and everything in this board, Leone related of course"

Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

« #28 : April 05, 2003, 11:15:08 AM »

Come on, guys, this is a silly discussion.  I don't really am into this discussion, but I can't figure it being a problem on this board.  It's in a way even interesting in which extent people who have the same interests have the same opinion about more global facts.

The only remark I can give (as a sr. member ;) ;D ) is: the best place for this is in the 'Off-Topic Discussion' section.  

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #29 : April 05, 2003, 04:48:41 PM »

I do not believe that it is wrong to discuss politics on this board, particularly as the board is separated into different sections. Perhaps the only mistake is that, as suggested above, the original author chose the wrong section in which to begin the discussion.
The important thing is that we are all brought together here by our common interest in Sergio Leone. But that shouldn't stop us from occasionaly discussing other topics, as indeed we would do with our other friends.
I have a group of friends with whom I play sports. we talk about the games a lot, but we also talk about politics, and we don't always agree. But it doesn't stop us being friends.
Freedom of speech is a precious thing, and it shouldn't be killed just because we can't take an adult approach to differences of opinion.

: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines