Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:02:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Batman Begins
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 8998 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »

The 2nd half was boring. So TDK is the far better film, even if it also has its shortcomings.

I totally disagree. I think the second part of BB is far better than TDK's. The conclusion of TDK didn't do much for me. After watching it over and over again, the flaws of the film are standing out much more. BB had a far better pay off and that ending was amazing.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »

I actually haven't seen this film yet... Probably should to put TDK in perspective.

Saturday nights with Groggy
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »

You have to watch BB before TDK. BB gets the origin story out of the way, and you'll understand some scenes better, like Scarcrow, and the story around Salvatore Maroni and who he is replacing from the previous film.

Also has Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, I never though much of her peformance but she had a nice rack. Pay close attention to the scene where Batman rescues her unconcious body. She looked cold.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »

I've seen TDK twice now, so too late for that.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »

Groggs,  how can you watch a sequel before the original? I'm not knocking you, I just don't know how someone could do it.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 03:02:57 PM »

Groggs,  how can you watch a sequel before the original? I'm not knocking you, I just don't know how someone could do it.
I haven't seen this either. But I probably will on Monday. Anyway, I heard that DK wasn't all that direct sequel so I thought it wouldn't matter. I have a feeling that I would have appreciated the characters more had I watched this but DK is still an entertaining movie on its own.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »

I had no interest in Batman Begins so I never watched it. I went to see TDK with my brother because it was a Sunday afternoon and my alternative was digging out the septic tank. Pretty simple to me.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

I had no interest in Batman Begins so I never watched it. I went to see TDK with my brother because it was a Sunday afternoon and my alternative was digging out the septic tank. Pretty simple to me.

HAHA, I hear ya. I think you'd enjoy BB though.

ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »

Yeah, Nolan's version of Batman is plausable. Which is what I liked.

I even liked it better than the Tim Burton films, where Batman was just a minor character.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »

Yeah, Nolan's version of Batman is plausable. Which is what I liked.

I even liked it better than the Tim Burton films, where Batman was just a minor character.

Well, I think Nolan's plausability goes a bit over board at times because this is a comic book character. How realistic do you want? That's why I love Burton's films. They have some serious moments mixed in with some over the top sequences which fits the comic book nicely. I don't like comparing Burton and Nolan though. They're two totally different takes on the character which is nice.

ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »

Some would argue, including Jett from Batman On Film, that Batman Forever is close to the spirit of the comics. I never read the comics, but I do know the stories for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are based on Frank Miller's Batman Year One, The Long Halloween, and The Killing Joke. The realism can actually be found in the comics, how Bruce Wayne became Batman, and where he got all his gadgets from.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight even had realistic villians. The League of Shadows is a secret organization, that goes back centuries, I believe it had a different name in the comics. Ra's Al Ghul is the perfect villian to start out Batman with. The Joker proved to be even more sinister than Ra's, instead of using technology and toxins to tear the city part, he uses the vigilante complex, and in turn created a new villian in Harvey Dent.

One thing that always bothered me, where is Gotham and why hasn't the US Goverment stepped in to remove The Joker? Hmm? If I was governor of New York, I would have called in the National Guard to take out Spider-Man.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »

the Tim Burton films, where Batman was just a minor character.

That may be so but I don't even want to hang out with Nolan's Batman. He's the least interesting character in the whole show.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »

He has a misplaced sense of self righteousness.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »

Also has Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, I never though much of her peformance but she had a nice rack.

And she's easier on the eyes than Maggie Gellenhall is. Yeesh!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »

She made Tom Cruise go straight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM