Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:11:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Steve McQueen
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steve McQueen  (Read 9843 times)
Beebs
« on: June 21, 2005, 08:19:04 AM »

Ah, Steve McQueen. One of my favorite actors. My goal in life is to know as much about driving and cars as Steve McQueen, As much about guns as Clint Eastwood, Movies as My parents, Biking as Lance and hunting as My grandpa, And flyfishing as my dad and Ed Zern combined.  Anyway. Anyone got any good movie with Mc Queen? I love Bullitt, Mag 7, The Blob was funny, Nevada Smith was great. Any more I'm missing? I heard there was a sequel to mag 7 and Bullitt.

"Guy said I'd make a cracker jack clerk, Cracker jack..."

"Time starts now"

"I'm trackin' three men who killed my mother and father"

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »

I heartily recommend:
Junior Bonner
The Great Escape
Sand Pebbles

The first sequel to Magnificent Seven was "Return of the Seven"...w/ Robert Fuller in the role of "Vin". Mcqueen turned it down.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:56:40 AM »

the getaway and the great escape are the best movies he's in... but his best performance and a damn good movie, I garantee a steve mcqueen fan will love it, is THE HUNTER... trust me, just see it, no matter what you hear about it.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Beebs
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »

Forgot to mention I own the Great Escape and it is one of few movies I can watch over and over with out it getting old. I'll look for the Hunter and those others. Thanks for the help.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:54:50 PM »

One of his best performances was in Papillon with Dustin Hoffman escaping from Devil's Island.

Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 01:24:49 PM »

the getaway and the great escape are the best movies he's in... but his best performance and a damn good movie, I garantee a steve mcqueen fan will love it, is THE HUNTER... trust me, just see it, no matter what you hear about it.
It is indeed a great performance (The Hunter), but I think equally he delivers the acting goods in TOM HORN (imo, a very neglected western). Anybody ever catch him in the TV half hour Hitchcock classic, can't recall the title but its the one where he plays a game with a nutcase for "fingers". Chilling stuff!

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Beebs
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 02:20:10 PM »

Gramps- could you recall the rating on The Hunter, having a younger brother and sister means a lot when youre only 15. They mostly want to watch movies with me.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »

Give Tom Horn a look too.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »

Don't forget Wanted Dead or Alive. Season one is available now, I believe, a good one, but you have to wait for season two to see LVC as guest baddie Jumbo Kane!

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
phantomstranger
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 06:08:39 PM »

I just got the "Wanted:Dead Or Alive" season one DVD set. Fantastic! It takes me back to the days of when I was a kid and watched these shows every afternoon along with "The Wild Wild West", "The Lone Ranger" and "Wagon Train." I love it!

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 07:06:44 AM »

Gramps- could you recall the rating on The Hunter, having a younger brother and sister means a lot when youre only 15. They mostly want to watch movies with me.

You are in luck, it's PG... it's made by buzz kulik, the guy made TV movies for a living.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Beebs
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

Great, do you konw where I could get The Hunter, or these others for that matter.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 03:59:13 PM »

Great, do you konw where I could get The Hunter, or these others for that matter.

A box set of McQueen movies is out in June. It includes the video premiere of The Cincinnati Kid and also in it are Getaway Bullitt Tom Horn Papillon and Never so Few. The titles are also available separately.

Beebs
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 04:00:04 PM »

I just saw the end of a documentary on good ol' Steve and a lot of them said that he didn't like dialogue, he'd just look down at his feet then look up and say OK or Ya.

One funny thing the director of Bullitt said was a story where he was getting some close ups of McQueen in the Mustang and he tapped him a said 'I think were about out of film' and he said 'that's nothing were out of brakes' and the managed to stop the car by swerving and turning and gear shifting.

Beebs
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 04:01:40 PM »

Do you know where I can get these? I imagine theyre DVD right?

I'd love to get it. Thanks a lot for the inforamtion!! Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM