Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 04:37:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Forgotten Pistolero aka Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria (1969)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Pistolero aka Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria (1969)  (Read 21612 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 04:21:05 AM »

Yes a poor touch for an otherwise immaculate looking movie.It makes you wonder if anything was cut out on the German DVD?

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 07:30:50 AM »

Yes a poor touch for an otherwise immaculate looking movie.It makes you wonder if anything was cut out on the German DVD?

That's much too abrupt to be anything but a cut....I'd say. I was like..totally surprised.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 07:41:23 AM »

You've got the German dvd too,then.I wonder if theres an uncut Franco Cleef or Jerksi version in the distance? Undecided

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 07:55:04 AM »

Another reason for thinking there must be a cut there...**SPOILER Coming**

Anna's dying revelation that she was not Sebastian & Isabel's mother..who had died in childbirth...was a disconnected piece of information...like "so what"?
It meant nothing......& Baldi's better than that.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:51 AM »

And the running times only about 84 minutes-a lot less than his other movies.Perhaps someone like Sundance could enlighten us? Roll Eyes

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 09:22:41 AM »

Anna's dying revelation that she was not Sebastian & Isabel's mother..who had died in childbirth...was a disconnected piece of information...like "so what"?
It meant nothing......& Baldi's better than that.

I just think Baldi had a brain fart with this garbage.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »

I've been meaning to do this ever since I saw "Forgotten Pistolero".....so......................I hope you'll find it interesting:

Somewhere around 410 B.C. (give or take...) Euripides wrote his version of "Electra". ... I've used a couple of sources to briefly relate some of the plot:

When King  Agamemnon returned from the Trojan War, his wife, Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus murdered Agamemnon.
 Her son, Orestes, was smuggled out of the country by an old servant of Agamemnon's;
Their daughter Electra is married off to a farmer, ...Although the man is kind to her and has taken advantage of neither her family name nor her virginity, Electra resents being cast out of her house and her mother's loyalty to Aegisthus.

The adult Orestes returns to Argos with his friend Pylades, to visit his father's tomb and spy out the land. ..hoping for revenge and ends up at the house of Electra and her husband. After  having first concealed their identities in order to get information, Electra is eager to help her brother in bringing down Clytemnestra and Aegisthus, and they conspire together...
Orestes sets off and kills Aegisthus.

Sound familiar?

So------------>
General Carrasco = Agamemnon
Anna =  Clytemnestra
Tomas = Aegisthus
Isabel = Electra
Sebastian and Rafael = Orestes and Pylades
Piero Lulli = a sadistic henchman of Aegisthus

In the play... Electra & Orestes  kill Clytemnestra,  or Orestes does it alone.. I'm not sure.....but that was handled a little differently in the movie.

And some people say that Spaghetti Westerns are crap..to them I say.."pish..tosh".

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »

I've been meaning to do this ever since I saw "Forgotten Pistolero".....so......................I hope you'll find it interesting:

Somewhere around 410 B.C. (give or take...) Euripides wrote his version of "Electra". ... I've used a couple of sources to briefly relate some of the plot:

When King  Agamemnon returned from the Trojan War, his wife, Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus murdered Agamemnon.
 Her son, Orestes, was smuggled out of the country by an old servant of Agamemnon's;
Their daughter Electra is married off to a farmer, ...Although the man is kind to her and has taken advantage of neither her family name nor her virginity, Electra resents being cast out of her house and her mother's loyalty to Aegisthus.

The adult Orestes returns to Argos with his friend Pylades, to visit his father's tomb and spy out the land. ..hoping for revenge and ends up at the house of Electra and her husband. After  having first concealed their identities in order to get information, Electra is eager to help her brother in bringing down Clytemnestra and Aegisthus, and they conspire together...
Orestes sets off and kills Aegisthus.

Sound familiar?

So------------>
General Carrasco = Agamemnon
Anna =  Clytemnestra
Tomas = Aegisthus
Isabel = Electra
Sebastian and Rafael = Orestes and Pylades
Piero Lulli = a sadistic henchman of Aegisthus

In the play... Electra & Orestes  kill Clytemnestra,  or Orestes does it alone.. I'm not sure.....but that was handled a little differently in the movie.

And some people say that Spaghetti Westerns are crap..to them I say.."pish..tosh".

Leone once said: " I believe the greatest storyteller of westerns was Homer. "

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 10:04:38 PM »

What does this statement have to do with the over all?

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 11:01:25 PM »

Compared to Baldis' other westerns FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO is inarguably the best. Whereas his other westerns were standard shoot'em ups he was trying for something a bit different here and turned in a really classy effort. A movie doesn't have to feature constant action from beginning to end to be good nor does it have to make sense as long as it's entertaining in some fashion. Although FP doesn't have abundant action, it does have a good story and a great score that accentuates what action there is. A great underrated film in my book. There are two versions available from xploited. One is a limited edition of 666 pieces. I have the Marketing Films version which utilizes the same print as the X-rated Kult sp. ed. There is a 45 minute documentary on Baldis westerns sadly only in german on the disc I have.

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 11:15:32 PM »

Compared to Baldis' other westerns FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO is inarguably the best.

I totally agree. I've always liked Baldi for taking chances & trying different things, but this surely his most "adult"..least "cartoonish" film.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 11:17:04 PM »

but this surely his most "adult"..least "cartoonish" film.

But that doesnt make it good.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 11:40:11 PM »

It seemed he was aiming for Leone status with this one.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 12:18:48 AM »

It seemed he was aiming for Leone status with this one.

Besides the Morricone like soundtrack(which rivals almost anything Morricone did for the dollars trilogy) I dont see how that is possible.

I guess I have to cut my losses and see it again.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 06:09:46 AM »

There are two versions available from xploited. One is a limited edition of 666 pieces. I have the Marketing Films version which utilizes the same print as the X-rated Kult sp. ed. There is a 45 minute documentary on Baldis westerns sadly only in german on the disc I have.
So there isn't currently a longer version than 84 minutes then?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM