Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Better Lee Van Cleef Character?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Which Lee Van Cleef character do you like better in the Dollars Films?
Colonel Mortimer   -14 (56%)
Angel Eyes   -11 (44%)
Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Better Lee Van Cleef Character?  (Read 11112 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 05:18:32 PM »

To Hey Blondie:
Actually there is a long sequence in the extended version that gives Angel Eyes a bit more screen time. Still not as much as the others I don't think.

But here is a good topic. Someone should watch GBU and keep track of the time for each. It would be interesting to see a break down.  You could do individual time and time with other major charaters.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Hey Blondie
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 09:31:41 PM »

Yes I am aware that Angel Eyes had more screen time. I have the DVD and seen the deleted scenes. I really like the scene where he is searching for Bill Carson in the camp with the confederate soldiers.

Still the Colonel was a better performance because while I love the character of Angel Eyes and think Van Cleef did a wonderful job. As Colonel he not only had more screen time but interacted better with the rest of the characters. As Angel Eyes there wasn't that much interaction either.

When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk!
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2004, 11:05:45 AM »

i would go for mortimer he is my 2nd favrit spaghetti western character after tuco.

500 dollars. to get the name.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Mr._Blondie
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 02:51:26 PM »

to me there the same guy just like the man with no name...

but thats just me

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 06:04:34 AM »

I'd say Angel Eyes. Pure Evil.

Didn't you guys that they are twin brothers?

It's called God's Gun, and it's easily the two most uninspired performances from Van Cleef. The film is crap by the way. Entertaining crap, but crap nonetheless.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Tim
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 02:26:46 PM »

Colonel Mortimer because his character is more developed.  I like Il Buono's statement about Mortimer's humanity, especially at the end after the showdown with Indio.

Bill Carson
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 02:45:05 AM »

Cool hola amigos!  I like both characters; they are very different. Colonel Mortimer and Manco have a great sort of Father / Son type relationship which is also like a rivalry of sorts, they're always trying to test each other - a theme that is reprised with the Tuco / Blondie relationship (almost like brothers perhaps?) and Angel-Eyes is just pure evil, truly he is 'The Bad'.

Mr.Cho-Cho
Chicken Thief

Something to do with death

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 05:49:56 AM »

This is a very hard choice...... I'm gonna have to go for the colonel seeing as I just finished watching FAFDM, and i always love that ending, the relationship between mortimer and monco is brilliant. And the way Mortimer just rides into the sunset, such a romantic ending.

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM