Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 06:38:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Create Your Own Spaghetti Western
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Create Your Own Spaghetti Western  (Read 48238 times)
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »

my latest was maybe my favorite title...

Damiano Damiani's God Help Us Without A Crow(1966) starring Telly Savalas, Gianna Garko, and Graziella Granata

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

Django Meets Django (1971)
Directed by Massimo Pupillo

Starring:
Franco Nero as Django
Gianni Garko as Django
Antonio De Teffè as Django
Featuring:
Richard Harrison as Django
George Hilton as Django
Terence Hill as Django
Loredana Nusciak

Well..it was bound to happen sooner or later. Six guys ride into town on a particular day...all dressed in black..5 of them are bounty hunters...the other one pulls this weird coffin around..nobody knows what he's all about...& they're all named Django...and there are already 4 other guys in town also named Django.
Very confusing film. Only released in Latvia in 1971 & Lithuania in '74.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »

Hahaha, those lucky Latvians.  I WANT this movie!!  Its the spaghetti western equivalent of all the Dr Who's somehow being in the same movie (which I used to love as a nipper!).  Oh, if only........

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2005, 07:45:44 AM »

How about this one?

A Pistol Strikes The Bounty Hunter (68)

Directed by Massimo Pupillo

Starring:

Claudia Cardinale
Panos Papadopulos
Donald Pleasence

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »

Well, this post title by Banjo seems like it would make an interesting film:

"Grand Duel on Christmas Day"

Santa Claus Vs. The Man With No Name.  TMWNN is out for revenge because one Christmas as a child Santa gave him a lump of coal (a development which is periodically revealed to the audience via flashbacks over the course of the film).  Also includes a full-scale set-piece battle between the Union Army and Santa's elves.  Grin

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:08:30 PM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 05:10:55 AM »

hehehe nice one Groggy  Grin

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Christopher
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2006, 01:34:47 PM »

I wonder if this is how they came up with some of the SW titles. Grin

bryzee86
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:11 AM »

ah brilliant, I just got:

A Coffin Without the Dead (1966)

directed by Franco Giraldi

starring Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale and James Coburn as three coffin makers with a distinct lack of business....

bryzee86
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

just got an even better one:

Death meets the Dead (1969)

don't know how that would work....

Eric
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 11:12:52 PM »

I just found the following old SW film:

"Ballad For Your Death" (1968) - dir. Antonio Margheriti, starring Clint Eastwood, Gina Lollobrigida and James Mason

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2006, 06:19:41 PM »

"A Train Shoots The Cut-Throats Nine" (1965), directed by Leopoldo Savona and starring Luisa Rinelli, Jess Hahn, and Pablito Alonzo.

This early attempt at a Gothic Western involves a gang of criminals (the Cut-Throats Nine, from whom Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent would blatantly steal the title seven years later) who try to rob an army train which has one of them big cannons mounted on the back (see GBU).  Unfortunately the movie lasts about six minutes, as all of the Nine are obliterated by an artillery shell from this gun, with lots of blood and gore.

Sir Christopher Frayling referred to this movie as. . .

"An interesting though not always successful attempt at an original Spaghetti Western rather than the assembly-line plots about bounty hunters and massive shootouts." ("Spaghetti Westerns", p. 9,9293A)

While Leonard Maltin rates it. . .

"A total waste of my f***ing time.  BOMB" (Note: Maltin never actually saw the film.  Tongue)

Released February 30th, 1966 in Freedonia, Sylvania, Tomania, and Elbonia, it was a massive hit in those countries, though (apparently) it was never released anywhere else. Grin It's a must-see for anyone even remotely interested in the Spaghetti Western genre.

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2006, 05:22:47 PM »

"A Train Shoots The Cut-Throats Nine" (1965), directed by Leopoldo Savona and starring Luisa Rinelli, Jess Hahn, and Pablito Alonzo.

This early attempt at a Gothic Western involves a gang of criminals (the Cut-Throats Nine, from whom Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent would blatantly steal the title seven years later) who try to rob an army train which has one of them big cannons mounted on the back (see GBU).  Unfortunately the movie lasts about six minutes, as all of the Nine are obliterated by an artillery shell from this gun, with lots of blood and gore.

Sir Christopher Frayling referred to this movie as. . .

"An interesting though not always successful attempt at an original Spaghetti Western rather than the assembly-line plots about bounty hunters and massive shootouts." ("Spaghetti Westerns", p. 9,9293A)

While Leonard Maltin rates it. . .

"A total waste of my f***ing time.  BOMB" (Note: Maltin never actually saw the film.  Tongue)

Released February 30th, 1966 in Freedonia, Sylvania, Tomania, and Elbonia, it was a massive hit in those countries, though (apparently) it was never released anywhere else. Grin It's a must-see for anyone even remotely interested in the Spaghetti Western genre.

Grin

I got one:
" A Mule for the Colonel "
starring Clint Eastwood as Colonel No name
and eli Wallach as the voice of the talking mule.

This film made in 1967 was shown in theaters for only two minutes before the audience began to throw items at the screen. The reason for this was Clint Eastwood's character ( a strict Nazi-like german colonel aiding the  Mexicans during thier revolution ) anti-semitic statements. Eastwood later commented on the film: " Sometimes I wonder what the hell I was smokin' when I signed up to be in this piece a' s***. " Eli Wallach later commented: " Yes, it is a very racial movie. Eastwood's character, who's suppose to be the good guy, completely degrades my people. I only signed up to be in the film because I was smoking drugs with Clint Eastwood the day they offered us the roles. "

Frayling comments: " I hated this racist, horrible Nazi propaganda and I was on drugs when I saw it! "

Howard Hughes wrote in Once Upon a Time in Italy: " A Mule for the Colonel was so offensive and slanderous that I would rather watch American Idol than this crap! "

Because of it's racism and strong predjuidice statements, A Mule for the Colonel was banned in every country in the world. To this day, there is no copy of this film in existence. This is one of those ultra-rare spaghettis that devoted fans of the genre search a lifetime for.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:35:19 PM by The Peacemaker » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2006, 05:30:21 PM »

Eastwood later commented on the film: " Sometimes I wonder what the hell I was smokin' when I signed up to be in this piece a' s***. "

I am surprised he didnt say the same for "Any which way but loose". Grin

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »

"Two Djangos for Trinity"

Famous outlaw Trinty(Fabio Testi) is being hunted by two bounty hunters named Django. Then towards the end of the picture the REAL Django(Piero Lulli) appears and helps Trinity blast the two imposters to hell with his gatling gun. However Django has a hidden agenda of his own...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:02:29 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »

" Two Bullets to the Head "

starring Franco Nero as the suicidal
and Tomas Milian as his buddy, Muy Estupido

This rare-spaghetti is a lost Nero/Milian film. Unfortunately Nero is only on the screen for a minute before he blows his brain out in front of his dumb friend Muy Estupido. After ten minutes are spent watching Muy Estupido stare off into oblivion, he finally realizes his friend is dead. The rest of the film is spent showing Muy Estupido's quest to avenge his friend's suicide. The film ends with Milian realizing his friend committed suicide so his friend is the killer so he takes revenge for his friend on his friend.

Nero later commented on the film: " It was terrible because I was only in it for a minute before I shoot myself. "

Milian commented: " Originally they turned me down for the role of Muy Estupido because they said I was too dumb to play the role...............HEY! Wait a minute! That's an insult! "

Two Bullets to the Head was so pointless it was only shown in theaters once then the reel was burned by Nero himself. The film is no longer in existence.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM