Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:50:50 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ivan Basso for Italians
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Ivan Basso for Italians  ( 2434 )
Beebs

« : June 22, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

I'd like to ask some real Italians about a biking hero from Italy. Ivan Basso is supposed to be one of Lance Armstrong's greatest rivals in this, his last Tour de France. Being an American, I support the home team, Discover Channel team with Lance, poor Levi leiphheimer, an American but he loses so much credit from Amrstrong. anyway, how do you, as Italians, view your home team with Ivan Basso?

And if any French are listening, how do you view the Tour in general?

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #1 : July 04, 2005, 01:16:14 AM »

Ivan Basso rides for the Danish team CSC under the guidance of Bjarne Riis, a former winnner of le tour. As such Basso has, funnily, turned into a kind of darling for the Danes. Like Tyler Hamilton was 2 years ago when he was CSC (before Phonak and the doping scandal)

Last year Basso did great but was (unfortunately) never in a position to threaten Armstrong and he will not do so this year either. His Giro de Italia was, at best, uneven, but apparently he had some stomach problems. A beautiful documentary has just premiered about Bassos and CSC's efforts and preparations last year - Overcoming. The director's background storyline for the film was Kelly's Heroes, and it's supposed to be beautiful, both on a filmic and personal level.

Check out this link and Bobby Julich's sympethetic commentary in the trailer:

http://www.overcoming.dk/

Let's hope the film reaches tour enthusiasts around the world.

As of now another young American, Zabriskie, holds the yellow, and he is CSC, so that is great. Personally, I think Vinoukourov from German team T-Mobile is the greatest threat to Armstrong. This year Ullrich will go down for good...

Beebs

« #2 : July 14, 2005, 10:33:14 AM »

Finally, great to hear from someone. I hope this documentary reaches us in Texas!

I agree that Ulrich is fallling and as you probably know, he doesn't take care of himself in the Winter but is an anerexic in the Spring when he is focusing on his only event.

Thanks for the post!!

Beebs

« #3 : July 15, 2005, 09:08:06 AM »

Turns out today Vinokurov is 11th and Ulrich in 8th. But this could change very quickly

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines