Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:13:16 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Terorist Attacks
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Terorist Attacks  ( 8104 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : July 07, 2005, 02:51:33 PM »

Hope you and yours in the UK are all ok, our thoughts are with you all.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« #1 : July 07, 2005, 05:52:36 PM »

Hope you and yours in the UK are all ok, our thoughts are with you all.
Bad day! Your kind words are welcome!

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Christopher

« #2 : July 07, 2005, 08:12:26 PM »

I was sad to hear about the attacks this morning. I hope everyone who lives in that area from this board is safe and doing okay.

Jack of Hearts
Road Apple

« #3 : July 08, 2005, 03:49:03 AM »

thank you for your message Cigar Joe.  London is very subdued today, only about half the amount of people normally in the City.  My office is directly above Aldgate station where the first bomb went off.  The building shook with the blast.  We were kept inside by the police until 2.30 in the afternoon and then allowed to walk through the City to the stations to try and get home.  There are reports of people still trapped in one of the tube tunnels, and the latest news is that the death toll has reached 50, but I don't know if that is because people have been found or whether some in hospital have died.  Most people are being quite stoic though, and trying to carry on as normal.

Jack

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #4 : July 08, 2005, 06:39:38 AM »

Glad you are ok Jack.  These sort of things are a great shock, but we all rally around.  Even in quiet Dorset, where I live, there was quite a big Police presence.  We all need to be vigilant.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #5 : July 08, 2005, 12:23:05 PM »

Belkin and Jack, I am glad you're alive. I hope you both had not lost anyone you knew!  :(

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #6 : July 08, 2005, 01:16:28 PM »

Hi everyone. I live in London, and trying to get my mind off things last night I was trawling round the web and found this fantastic forum for one of my all time fave directors. It seems (unlike too many other on-line forums) a mighty civilised place, full of informed and intelligent folk.

After a good long read I'm looking forward to contributing to the debates. Oh, and I've gotta get an avatar.

I was out and about in London today, and people just seem to be getting on with life. I got a (crowded) bus home, and noticed that everybody had a good look round when they got on, checking for stray bags etc. It felt very odd doing something so common place which suddenly had a possibility of danger around it.

I walked past King's Cross (one of the bombed stations), and you could barely move for what seemed like hundreds of camera crews. The same story again at the top of Tavestock Road, with plastic sheets screening the destroyed bus. As an added surreal touch, I was there as a group of "living museum" actors were milling around dressed as soldiers and nurses from WWII.

I saw last night some moronic terrorist web site claiming London is "quaking in terror". Nothing is further from the truth. Ciao, a tutti.

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #7 : July 08, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »

Good attitude to have Juan.  And welcome to the site!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #8 : July 11, 2005, 05:07:19 AM »

London is one of the toughest cities in the world, and anyone who tries to f*** with them generally gets their asses kicked.

Godspeed Britain, and a big middle finger (and hopefully much more severe punishment) to the "martyrs" responsible for these atrocities.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Beebs

« #9 : July 14, 2005, 08:58:56 AM »

I've been out of town for the past week and a half and picked up a USA Today paper at a stand to see how my Lance was doing in the Tour. The front page had terror all over it. Since this in not uncommon I quickly flipped to the Sports and then realized what I'd seen. I had seen Brittish flags, London, and Tony Blair. So I frantically flipped back to the front as the waitress in the Diner at West Yellowstone, Montana. I felt horrible. Tollerance is one thing I hate about the world now a days. I realized that I had seen terror and instead of being enraged as I was with the Paris shoe bombs and 9 11 I had said to myself, "oh well, more bombs in the crazy war in Israel."  The idea that I myself had fallen to tolerance was enraging to me. I don't ever want to find myself sayin 'oh well' to attacks like these.

Then after returning to the real world in Dallas where I live I heard the radio shows, TV programs, and more articles.

These made me more angry. Hearing people call in to Rush Limbaugh or      saying they sympathize with these poor "martyrs" and that they feel they have a right to kill if it is their "faith". My faith tells me that killing innocents is one of the worst crimes man can commit.

Now I hear as my sister comes in that one of our elderly neighbors had died while we were gone. It seems that the world fell apart while I was gone in Wyoming and Montana.

Good to hear from you that all is returning to well in Brittain. Glad to hear all on the board as alive and well.

sorry for the long post but I feel I had to get my feelings out. I do this through writing a lot.

Juan- I found this site as well in refuge and have truly found a home. Welcome!

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #10 : July 14, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »

saying they sympathize with these poor "martyrs" and that they feel they have a right to kill if it is their "faith".

Awww its pathetic, isn't it? Perhaps if their mother, father, sister, brother or friend was blown apart, just by getting on a bus to go to work that day, they would think a little about what they are saying, before opening their stupid yaps.

The dickless cowards who bombed my city last week failed miserably in what ever they hoped to achieve. We are going about our daily business and we're not afraid. We didn't give in to the last lot of Nazis who tried to cow us, and we certainly won't be by these confused idiots, who's only political aim is some vague notion of a new Persian Empire lording it over us.

Thanks to all for the welcome to the board messages. Still loads to read here...

Beebs

« #11 : July 14, 2005, 11:16:54 AM »

very true! I can't understand those who look down on even the soldiers fighting this war. I just can't understand them. Let us not forget!

HEX

« #12 : September 23, 2005, 05:46:57 PM »

BRAVO BEEBS AND JUAN.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines