Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:32:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gets me angry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gets me angry  (Read 8617 times)
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 01:10:14 AM »

I haven't been to a movie after 6pm in a few years... it makes for good quiet movies.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 05:48:44 AM »

The worst experience I had in a movie theater was when our family went to see "Pearl Harbor". . . some lady was reading ALL of the Japanese subtitles to her friend/sister throughout the whole frickin' movie.  Talk about annoying.  Roll Eyes

Saturday nights with Groggy
HEX
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 10:14:56 AM »

yeah i rarly go to theatres any more not just for the reason of obnoxius ppl but also for no movies reallly interest me now. for the past two years ( in my opinion) a total of 10 movies catch my eye. but only like 5 are any good.so i dont find my self going to the movies any more for example, the only film i will be watching for the remainder of the year will be king kong. i was going to see V FOR VENDETTA but it was delayed. and i might see JUDGES  if it comes to a theatre near me(judges is a modern day sw like thew mariachi films).

Tim
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 07:56:35 PM »

I've got two stories that although they don't have to deal with cellphones, have to do with how ignorant/rude people can be in theaters.

The first was when I saw Gods and Generals.  As the Union army is marching into Fredericksburg, a woman in front of me asked her husband," Now, the ones in blue are the good guys right?"  A grown woman asking who the good guy was!  Besides, I'm not sure she knew the Civil War was north vs. south.

The other was in Open Range.  Before the final showdown, Costner and Duvall are sitting there and one of them takes out the bar of chocolate they had bought earlier in the movie.  Its melted when they remove the wrapper.   Two old ladies were sitting in front of me.  Here's how their dialogue went.  "What is that?" "It's that chocolate bar." "WHAT?" "The chocolate!" "What did you say?" "It's the chocolate bar." "What? I think it's chocolate."  It was more funny than anything but at the time it really pissed me off.

HEX
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 12:10:41 AM »

;Dthe one about union soldiers is priceless Grin

what an ignorant bitch! Grin

and she calls herself an american Grin

doesnt even know what the civil war even was Grin

and the funniest thing of all is... there is no bad guy in war, every country has its own opinion on who the bad guys are in war.so whos right?

the bad guy in war is the war iteslf.

Christopher
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »

The other was in Open Range.  Before the final showdown, Costner and Duvall are sitting there and one of them takes out the bar of chocolate they had bought earlier in the movie.  Its melted when they remove the wrapper.   Two old ladies were sitting in front of me.  Here's how their dialogue went.  "What is that?" "It's that chocolate bar." "WHAT?" "The chocolate!" "What did you say?" "It's the chocolate bar." "What? I think it's chocolate."  It was more funny than anything but at the time it really pissed me off.
Grin

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »

You know what pisses me off? No it's not obnoxious people, it's the quality of movies now. I know the saying " They don't make movies like they use to " is so cliche, but it's the truth! The movies now are mindless and are only made for one audience... the can't sit through one minute of film if it doesn't have some type of explosion audience. I have to admit I like violent films but more in the style of Sergio Leone where not only did you receive a truley entertaining and enjoyable movie but also one that's got texture. Every frame of his films can be a painting. But, now Hollywood doesn't make any good educated movies now instead they litter the theaters with crappy films that are over in what feels like 10 minutes. I'm sorry if I sound a bit over-dramatic but I love film but what we need now are writers who aren't afraid about what Extra is going to say about them if they think outside the box and producers who aren't afraid if the movie doesn't become a blockbuster.

I'm sorry if I wrote too much but I got soooo pissed writing this I wanted to say more and more. But I'll finish off by saying, does anyone agree with me?

HEX
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 05:30:42 PM »

i do.
i pretty much stated what u said earlier
but not in that much detail.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 05:34:16 PM »

I have just 2 words for everybody posting on this thread:

Home Theater.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 06:28:48 PM »

The trouble is nobody, or not many, want to take a chance (gamble money on something different, hence we get a lot of these remakes and or sequils to proven hits. Or another catagory "copycat" films. But then again how is this that much different from all the SW copycat deluge that killed SW's.

Also, almost everthing is geared to teens or trying to stay within a PG rating, not a whole lot of films are geared to adults.

I guess I just don't know.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »

As much terrible shit is coming out of theaters, I've had some of the greatest movie experiences of my life in the theater over the past five years. I don't think movies suck these days, I just think it's ridiculous how up front and hyped the terrible films are.

In my area there's two theaters, the United Artists Theater and the Fox Theater. The majority of the films I've enjoyed I've seen in Fox. The Pianist, The Motorcycle Diaries, The Phantom of the Opera, Downfall, etc. that place shows really classy movies and GREAT foreign films all the time too. Some crap every now and then, but more quality films. United Artists has had some good films, like the above mentioned Cinderella Man, but it's mainly a popcorn theater. Heck, you could tell by the way the theaters look on the inside that one is more of a classy place. I could remember on many many occassions walking into the Fox movie theater at day and coming out at night time with my soda in my hand still in awe at the really thought provoking films but in the other theater my memory of walking out of certain films is very few. I save all of my ticket stubs and I'd like to go into my little ziplock bag and see how many of the great films I've seen in one theater and not the other.

I think there's been many many great movies in the past few years and I have hope for great cinema in the future.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 12:03:10 PM »

the peacemaker:

2004: Closer, the Aviator
2005: Crash, Dear Wendy

These movies aren't masterpieces, they have qualities and flaws; but they are good and interesting movies. I don't go very often to theatres, but in the past two year, i found 4 very good movies... Cinema is not dead...

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 05:29:13 PM »

That's true. As for The Aviator, I thought that was a great film. Scorcese is one of the few directors who adds texture and quality to their films nowadays. Cinema is not dead but if the future is worse than it is now, cinema will be dead.

coburn
Road Apple

Duck you Sucker!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »

Hello, also in Los Angeles, whichever theatre I go to watch a first run movie. There always some idiot on there cell or talking , the only thing that works for me is to stand up and tell them to shut the frikken up. The first thing most of them say is sorry, since I'm a big guy and bald. there pretty intimidated. I wish everybody would enjoy the show, but it has become a common problem in L.A.

I'm your Huckleberry! - Say When!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 04:37:01 AM »

i had forgotten million dolalr baby  Roll Eyes

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: