Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:39:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gets me angry
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gets me angry  (Read 8625 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 01:46:19 PM »

I've found myself watching more films on my home theatre now. However just went on a spree for the London Film Fest so that should be getting me into the cinema more often. My fave cinema in the UK being the NFT on Southbank, being a BFI member can be really of benefit.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »

Ok, I need to vent on this one. Is it just me, or is the instance of people talking (and, even worse, making cell phone calls) in cinemas these days getting worse? I don't know if it reflects a general increase in the lack of simple respect and politeness, but I've been an avid moviegoer for years, and once, in a long lost world, when the lights faded down, people SHUT UP and watched the goddamn movie.

Now, I haven't been to a film for the last two years, that I can recall, where there wasn't somebody talking in the cinema. Mostly (not always) they shut up when shhhssd, but I find it unbelieveable that people will pay to go to a movie and talk all the way through it! Not only is it rude to the other audience members, it's also disrespectful to the filmmakers, who have put a huge amount of work into trying to craft a story that people might want to pay attention to. I mean, why go to a movie in the first place if you intend to chatter during the screening? They have bars and cafes for that!

I know this is sounding like a rant, but it's really pissing me off, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one - do people experience this in other countries? I recently went to Land of the Dead and War of the Worlds in Toronto and people were talking in both sessions, so is it across the board? Please tell me no! (I live in Australia, BTW)

It's getting worse where I go to, you can hear people talking loudly as well.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM