Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:02:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Spoof westerns as training films
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoof westerns as training films  (Read 2206 times)
sephrodgers
Road Apple

Very interesting...

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2005, 03:11:58 AM »

I was watching 'Nobody's The Greatest' (aka The Genius) last night with my two kids (boy and girl 8 & 5). They sat through the entire 117minutes without complaint and i remembered back to my childhood and how I saw a lot of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer films. Most of these are utter rubbish in every way, but fun for kids because of the cartoon violence - but the better western spoofs (My Name is Nobody, Nobody's the Greatest, They Call Me Trinity etc) are actually very well crafted films, benefitting from crew memebers who worked on Leone's greats (Simi, Morricone, Valerri  etc).
It struck me that these films could be very useful in turning young people on to a wider experience of film, more than the diet of animated blockbusters they are served these days ever will.

If you have kids, get a copy of Nobody, or Trinity and see for yourself.

It's like finding your pants on the top shelf when you know you put them on the bottom.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:17:50 PM »

A good idea for sure.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 01:28:59 PM »

Yeah, I could definately see the Trinity films having that effect.  I would have loved them as a kid, because pure slapstick in places.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:02:37 AM »

Another Terence Hill film i enjoyed as a kid is Man of the East also directed by Enzo Barboni.Here we see a slightly less frenetic (at least until the end)Hill  play a naive Englishman who must learn the ways of the west to win his girl -and much chaos ensues!!

Sandman_USMC
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 10:28:35 AM »

I couldn't agree further.  I was fortunate to see My Name is Nobody when I was a boy and I will never forget it.  I watch it today with equal enjoyment and it takes me back to my childhood each time.

I introduced my 7-year-old son to it and he loves it...along with all the other Trinity movies. 

I decided to take the Trinity films on a fishing trip to Canada in case we got a rained in.  We did for a day or two.  I brought a portable DVD player.  Well I tell you, I've never seen so many men & boys huddled over such a small TV screen.  They couldn't get their eyes off the screen.  Of course, they couldn't stop laughing either.

Signing out,

Sandman

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM