Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:07:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  That thingy he throws
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: That thingy he throws  (Read 1712 times)
Beebs
« on: July 24, 2005, 08:13:10 PM »

What is that thing Tuco throws into the sand in the desert which eventually hit Blondie?
Looks like drift wood.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:37:52 PM »

It's the bottle (in a cover) that Tuco had been drinking from.  It's more visible in the "restored" desert scene.  What's amazing is that the toss is so accurate - Tuco really plays the "break" in the sand dune.  Wonder if that was a "first take" or if they had to smooth out the sand each time....

Beebs
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 07:58:15 AM »

I always thought the same. But the bottle, as we now know it, looks so different in my version. like wood.

Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:40:45 PM »

It's the bottle (in a cover) that Tuco had been drinking from.  It's more visible in the "restored" desert scene.  What's amazing is that the toss is so accurate - Tuco really plays the "break" in the sand dune.  Wonder if that was a "first take" or if they had to smooth out the sand each time....

I think it was sheer luck, and to celebrate they shot an extra few seconds by holding the camera above Clint while someone rolled it into his head.  Good stuff.

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:43:11 PM »

Didn't it take four days to shoot Woody Strode's scenes under the water tower?

If that's the case than that Tuco scene must've taken forever, unless Eli is just a good shot. Shocked

The preciseness in Leone's films always amaze me, especially when I think how long it would take if I was the director responsible to get the scenes to work out that way. What also impresses me is the throw of the water cask toward Blondie and the quick cut to Eli running. The editing in Leone's movies is always perfect with the rhtyhm of the performers, and I think he was at his editing and coordination best in OUATITW. The music, the performances, the camera moves and the editing in that film are in perfect harmony, though I think in GBU Leone was actually a just a little bit sloppier than usual, but his sloppiest is way better than most other directors' best.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 06:46:19 PM by Poggle » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM