Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:06:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Passion of the Christ (2004)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Passion of the Christ (2004)  (Read 2261 times)
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2005, 03:39:29 PM »

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050722h.php

Sounds interesting. I think he's an amazing director despite his religious beliefs and the controversy. I can't stand controversial people, but I think his style is great. Had Leone started making his movies today I think he would take the same **** as well, especially with the portrayal of Mexicans and women in almost every movie he'd have a lot of his own left-wing people up his ass, yet his left-wing(Or independent) views would also make the right-wing types bother the hell out of him, like OUATITW or OUATIA's anti-capitalist message, and of course the violence.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:45:37 PM by Banjo » Logged
Johny_Exhale
Bandido

"Now, I believe only in dynamite"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »

The Passion of the Christ is probably the best film directed by an actor in 45 years (Night of the Hunter still has that title if you ask me) and the best visual films since A Space Odyssey

i respect Mel, got high expectations for this

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 04:30:29 PM by Johny_Exhale » Logged

200.000 Dollars is alotta money
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »

I can not abide Gibson, or the bizarre religion he has inherited from his dad, who once sagely observed that the Holocaust had been "exaggerated".

As a Scot, I found his BRAVEHEAT utterly laughable, though sadly my mum loves it (I suspect she just fancies Mel). I honestly can not think of a single film he's been in which I've enjoyed. Even THE SIMPSON'S episode he did wasn't that great. Must admit, his HAMLET wasn't as bad as I feared, but talk about a vanity pic??

Haven't seen his Jesus film yet, as I figured he was rich enough already without getting any of my money, although several of my friends, who's judgement I usually trust insist on its brilliance. I'll see it when it comes on telly, one day.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 04:12:36 PM »

I thought braveheart was one of the worst movies i've ever seen... direction wise anyhow, there are some decent moments... but I really have to recomend passion... it's really a great movie and very well done... and i'm also about as anti-christian as you can get.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 06:35:14 PM »

I'm about as anti-religious as you can get and I enjoyed it Tongue But the again I'm also anti-athiest as well. I'm just Poggle, eh?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM