Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 01, 2020, 10:42:35 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Missing footage? DVD
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Missing footage? DVD  ( 9347 )
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

« #15 : August 28, 2005, 07:47:06 AM »

Wait!

Everybody just HANG ON A SECOND!

I think the scene is actually in all the U.S. versions, but it's in a slightly different place than we all were remembering.

I just checked my old VHS taped-off-broadcast-TV copy from the early '90s, and the sequence is in it, but it's not positioned where we all seemed to recall it. The first shot of Joe in concealment shows him firing a revolver at the metal plate. The revolver is not Joe's snake-grip Colt; it's a different gun with what looks like a longer barrel (maybe a 7.5 inch instead of his 5.5 inch model).

Then, a little bit later is a bit where the old coffin-maker arrives and tells him about the bartender being tortured in town, and there's a cutaway showing the barkeep strung up in the street. The action then returns to the cave, and the old man gives Joe his own familiar holster and gun (he says he traded two bottles of wine for the rig). The coffin-maker then hands over the dyno-mite with the suggestion that Joe "send it back" to the Rojos.

I just checked the old American DVD and all this doesappear the same way in that version after all. I was just expecting it to come before the initial sequence of Joe "regaining his aim."

Now, is there supposed to be ANOTHER scene with the barkeep (not the coffin-maker) in the cave/mine?

« : August 28, 2005, 07:51:03 AM Concorde »
brewers7
Road Apple

Put your drawers on and take your gun off...

« #16 : September 10, 2005, 01:33:07 AM »

No, there is no scene of the barkeep in the cave...I have FOD taped from late-night cable from the 1980s and I know the scene is there with the coffin-maker giving the gun and the dynamite to "Joe" and slapping his hands together at the end of the scene as if looking forward to "Joe" taking care of the remainder of the Rojos' gang...

I do have FOD on DVD, US release, so I'll have to check and see if the scene is there or not...

If I am not mistaken though, I believe there is a little bit missing from FAFDM on the US DVD I have...It's the scene where Indio just broke out of jail, killed everyone at the jail except one final "guard"...Indio holds a gun to his head, pulls the trigger, but the chamber was empty, and Indio informs the "guard" that he will let him live to "tell everyone what took place here"...Then Indio breaks into that sick laugh right before the scene where Colonel Mortimer is watching a Sherriff put up a wanted poster for Indio...On the DVD, I believe most of that laugh was cut out and that really ticked me off...

brewers7

I think this town needs a new sheriff...
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines