Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:17:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Playing on Encore Westerns (August)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing on Encore Westerns (August)  (Read 2926 times)
Christopher
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:14:11 PM »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but A Fistful of Dynamite is playing on the Encore Westerns Channel (for those of us who have it Wink)

It's set to come on in a few minutes from now, but they're playing it three more times this month. The next time being August 9.

I haven't seen it yet, so I'll be catching one of the upcoming times.

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »

The broadcast on August 13 was the complete version of the film (with the longer final flashback), and it was letterboxed.

They advertised it as FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE but the print itself said only DUCK YOU SUCKER. That made me extra happy!

Grin

Christopher
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

I had read the mention of the final flashback on here before I'd seen the movie. I figured the one I saw might have been the long version. I just don't know what that flashback means. Huh

I haven't gone through this forum much since I only just saw Fistful of Dynamite, but I'm guessing there are some threads about the final flashback and what it's supposed to mean. If it means anything, that is.

Concorde
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:18:26 AM »

The long version of the final flashback is very important because it reveals some, um, additional motivation for Sean's actions in one of the other flashbacks.

This additional motivation in fact casts a completely different light on much of what has gone before....

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 10:30:17 PM »

Did this version have any other rare scenes, like Villega's torture, the flashback with John throwing a bottle at a gramaphone, John being taunted in the desert, meeting up with the army at the cave, etc.?

Concorde
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »

No, but it had all the stuff that was in the out-of-print American laserdisc, such as extended bits from the humiliation endured by the coach passngers at the hands of Juan's family.

(BTW, I was real tempted to answer, "No, but there was this weird sequence with a vintage bus packed full of little schoolgirls...."  Wink Grin )

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM