Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:30:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Red Dead Revolver
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Dead Revolver  (Read 62121 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »

Check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8eZcNLyok&mode=related&search=red%20dead%20revolver

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »

I hope they bring Red back, he was so freakin' cool!

I really hope they make this with SW songs and themes like the old one.

I'm pretty sure RDR 2 is basically the continuing story of Red. Otherwise it wouldnt be a true sequel now would it? If it was a spin-off with some other character it would have some goofy title like "Red Dead Revolver 2: Yellow's big gundown" or something like that.
In the short clip it was advertised as "RDR 2" But then again this is probably pretty early in development so perhaps they dont have a concrete title yet.

I wonder if "Jack Swift" is returning...

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »

They better make Red Dead Revolver 2 a lot longer. Both Gun and Red Dead Revolver were WAY too short. It would also be nice if they got rid of the stupid things (clown midgets that can disappear).

And I love the badass Leone-duster at the end of the video.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:12:14 PM by Silenzio » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »

They better make Red Dead Revolver 2 a lot longer. Both Gun and Red Dead Revolver were WAY too short. It would also be nice if they got rid of the stupid things (clown midgets that can disappear).

The clown midgets didnt bother me. i figured it was a shout out to a few of the "circus spaghetti's" like "Boot Hill" and "Sabata"(circus influence).
However I didnt like that level where you fight the circus ring leader...I thought the level was too confined.
The games lenght is not a problem with RDR (for me) because it has tremendous replay value unlike "Gun".

What I really wnat to see done with the sequel was some of my ideas in previous posts.
free roaming enviroment, some activity out in the desert, have the choice to be good or bad (or ugly) etc. etc.

but honestly...as long as they have another good sw soundtrack and fix a few bugs from the previous one...I'll be a happy camper.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »

Time to pre-order a PS3 me thinks  Grin

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2006, 07:35:42 PM »

The clown midgets didnt bother me. i figured it was a shout out to a few of the "circus spaghetti's" like "Boot Hill" and "Sabata"(circus influence).
However I didnt like that level where you fight the circus ring leader...I thought the level was too confined.
The games lenght is not a problem with RDR (for me) because it has tremendous replay value unlike "Gun".

What I really wnat to see done with the sequel was some of my ideas in previous posts.
free roaming enviroment, some activity out in the desert, have the choice to be good or bad (or ugly) etc. etc.

but honestly...as long as they have another good sw soundtrack and fix a few bugs from the previous one...I'll be a happy camper.

Oh right! I forgot about the great soundtrack for the first one.

The part where you fight the circus ring leader was my least favorite part. That was mainly what I was referring to.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2006, 12:12:33 AM »

The part where you fight the circus ring leader was my least favorite part. That was mainly what I was referring to.

I can agree with you on that one then. I thought you were referring to the clowns when fighting Pig Josh. I thought they were a nice homage to the films I mentioned and they were a breath of fresh air from the usualy scumbags you gundown.

Pig Josh is a great level.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »

I can agree with you on that one then. I thought you were referring to the clowns when fighting Pig Josh. I thought they were a nice homage to the films I mentioned and they were a breath of fresh air from the usualy scumbags you gundown.

Pig Josh is a great level.

My favorite level is when you have to kill Colonel Daren. I always considered him to be the real bad guy, he was the one who actually killed your family. Usually I spend a good five minutes slowly and painfully killing Daren  ( when I play video games I really get into the character )  by slicing, stabbing, punching, and kicking him until he has barely any life left and place a bullet between his eyes.

Am I a sadist?   Grin    Undecided

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2006, 04:05:33 PM »

Nah, the f-er deserved it, Peacemaker!  Grin

But I hate Pig Josh and the Midget Clowns - that is just absolute ridiculous crap.

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »

Nah, the f-er deserved it, Peacemaker!  Grin

He did!   Angry

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2006, 11:17:31 PM »

My favorite level is when you have to kill Colonel Daren. I always considered him to be the real bad guy, he was the one who actually killed your family. Usually I spend a good five minutes slowly and painfully killing Daren  ( when I play video games I really get into the character )  by slicing, stabbing, punching, and kicking him until he has barely any life left and place a bullet between his eyes.

yeah I would say that and the train level are probably the best levels.

but if you want a white knuckle hard as rock gunfight...turn to the level where your outside the Governor's mansion. jeez! Theres bullets coming from all sides! And it doesnt help that Jack Swift is the slowest lock picker in the world!!!!!!!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »

hey guys when playing "Red Dead Revolver" have you ever been knocked down flat on your back and you had to get back up again.... but before you get back up you have to make a little awkward roll?

If you know what I'm talking about...

take a look at this trailer for the sw "Massacre time". Franco Nero is being brutally whipped by the sick villian Junior. At one point during the whipping, Nero is on the floor rolling around in the same exact fashion Red rolls around in the game...(in fact its identical)

is it possible the game designers saw "Massacre time" and modeled Red's rolling movements after Franco Nero's character in "Massacre time?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yelEg8xEwck&search=massacre%20time

if you own the movie take a look at that shot again because its a lot longer and Nero's rolling movement is more evident.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:34:22 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2006, 02:43:14 AM »

come on guys...nobody sees the resemblance?

Or is it that I didnt explain it correctly?

Jon0
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2006, 08:34:23 PM »

Well, I've got to say...I've got horrible memories of this game.  I was really bored at a buddies house and playing this game....and taking lots of shots of cheap vodka.,...I through up on his floor.  Walking home I kept on falling and hitting my head but I was so far gone that it felt like I was just bouncing off the ground like rubber.  Drunkest I've ever been.  Haven't played the game since.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2006, 11:54:41 PM »

well thanks for answering me anyway...I think Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM