Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 05:56:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A very different movie
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A very different movie  (Read 9589 times)
J B
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 10:45:20 AM »

Just the fact that it's not a western makes it a much different movie.  It also has a much more complicated plot than any of his other movies in addition to being at least an hour longer than any of his other films.  I'm still not exactly sure what I think of it.  It was actually the first Leone movie that I saw, and initial reaction after watching it was something like:  Wow, what a long, slow, movie.  Was that really worth the four hours of time I spent?  I have better memories of it now that I think back on it.  I think what bothered me more than the length was that the charectors seemed seemed too unforgivable to be appreciated. 

Since I've watched OUATIA which was only about five months ago, I've watched all of his other movies, and bought GBU, OUATITW, and FOFDM.  I should probobly watch OUATIA again.  I think  I would like it better the second time.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »

Since I've watched OUATIA which was only about five months ago, I've watched all of his other movies, and bought GBU, OUATITW, and FOFDM.  I should probobly watch OUATIA again.  I think  I would like it better the second time.
And how do you feel about these other movies? Did you still have the same impression with OUTIW ("what a slow movie, was it really worth to sit down for 3 hours and watch it")? And GBU? Did you buy FOD as well?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM