Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 03:11:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blondie's Parents
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie's Parents  (Read 2822 times)
Beebs
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »

"You have parents Blondie? No? Not even a mother. Just like me Blondie, we're all alone in the world. I have you you have me."

Tuco's quote poses a question for me. What about his parents? What were they like? Where are they? Why are they dead? There is some conection with Tuco and Blondie with Angel eyes but could it involve his parents?

Just some questions to make you all think a little.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 05:11:37 AM »

Interesting question. Of course the trouble with Tuco's statment is that it's a self serving lie. His brother lives in the monasary, and its only when he meets him a little later that he learns both his mother and father are now dead.

He was unaware of this when he made his plea to Blondie as to the name on the grave.

I've always been curious about the three characters back stories. Blondie and Tuco both know Angel Eyes and he knows them too. He has clearly met Tuco before, and knows him beyond him being just a face on a wanted poster. Lots to speculate on.

KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 07:20:32 AM »

clint cut a lot out of the script in FOD. when he saw jesus, joe answers marisol when she asks joe, why ? because someone else was in trouble once and there was noone there to help.

joe becomes a bounty killer as parents wiped out by banditos when an infant. learns later, when growing into boy what happened to parents. never knows his real name. like bronson in OUATITW kills bandito (s).

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:22:54 AM by Kermit » Logged
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:47:24 AM »

clint cut a lot out of the script in FOD. when he saw jesus, joe answers marisol when she asks joe, why ? because someone else was in trouble once and there was noone there to help.

joe becomes a bounty killer as parents wiped out by banditos when an infant. learns later, when growing into boy what happened to parents. never knows his real name. like bronson in OUATITW kills bandito (s).

Thinking about that, Joe's motives for rescuing the family one thing in Fo$ that isn't taken from Yojimbo, but there is something very similar in Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. When Kikuchiyo rescues the baby from the burning mill he says "This baby is me, this is what happened to me..." - maybe that's where Leone got that idea from.

It's class.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 03:23:44 PM »

Could be for sure.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 06:43:42 PM »

Thinking about that, Joe's motives for rescuing the family one thing in Fo$ that isn't taken from Yojimbo, but there is something very similar in Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. When Kikuchiyo rescues the baby from the burning mill he says "This baby is me, this is what happened to me..." - maybe that's where Leone got that idea from.
red i didn't know this. thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM