Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 05:33:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  wish I was a professional movie critic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wish I was a professional movie critic  (Read 14039 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 10:23:06 AM »

For English beauties, I love Kate Winslet and Rachel Weisz. Im ny opinion much better acomplished actress' and, for me, much more attractive. Then again what do I know, my ideal women are all Hollywood starlets, Ingrid Bergman, Bette Davis, Priscilla Lane etc etc

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
HEX
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 10:34:25 AM »

For English beauties, I love Kate Winslet and Rachel Weisz. Im ny opinion much better acomplished actress' and, for me, much more attractive. Then again what do I know, my ideal women are all Hollywood starlets, Ingrid Bergman, Bette Davis, Priscilla Lane etc etc

i cant say much for WINSLET. she was a big crush of mine when TITANIC was out but i grew up and lost attraction for her. WEISZ is a gorgious women. i have had eyes for since THE MUMMY in sixth grade. she is currently going to star in DARREN ARONOFSKY(sorry if mispelled) next film (which i think i mentioned on the board already).

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 10:36:04 AM »

I wanted to meet her at the Openign Night Gala of the London Film Festival but sadly couldn't. But hey I got to dance with Patricia Clarkson at the Closing Night Gala after party of the fest  Grin

HEX
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 10:38:41 AM »

I wanted to meet her at the Openign Night Gala of the London Film Festival but sadly couldn't. But hey I got to dance with Patricia Clarkson at the Closing Night Gala after party of the fest  Grin

hey! CLARKSON lucky u.
damn luck u didnt get to see WEISZ though. my god that face! Shocked dont get me started. Grin

HELENA BONHAM CARTER is another english women who is a cutey Wink honestly u englishmen get all the luck.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 10:41:40 AM by HEX » Logged
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 10:41:35 AM »

Yep, At first I didn't recognise it was her, then I recognised the green/blue dress she was wearing and I kinda gasped, she realised and laughed and then we carried on dancing. I also got to dance with Lady Victoria Harvey (but I didn't realise it was her at the time) What too much Champagne does to you  Grin

HEX
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »

sorry ADMRIRER i added a little something to my last post when u had added youres.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 10:43:54 AM »

Thats cool, I just saw it. Not too keen on Carter myself but a good actress. I would say the same about American men, but I would also include how great the country, cities, people are etc etc.

HEX
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »

Thats cool, I just saw it. Not too keen on Carter myself but a good actress. I would say the same about American men, but I would also include how great the country, cities, people are etc etc.

no she is not beautiful, CARTER has her bad days as far as looks go, but she is very cute. and a good actress like u say.

i am a bit confused with the american men comment u gave. could u clarify?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 10:48:21 AM »

sorry, you were syaing how lucky we English Men are and I meant how I feel how lucky American men are for their women, along with living ina great country along with great cities and great people.

HEX
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

sorry, you were syaing how lucky we English Men are and I meant how I feel how lucky American men are for their women, along with living ina great country along with great cities and great people.

oh yes of course sorry for the confusion. no yes i do consider myself lucky i love my country. however where i live it is not the best place to live at in this country. i have traveled all over the states and there are fine better places than MIAMI. for one i am tired latin women(though i have a girlfriend that is NICARAGUIAN, however this does not count Grin) i am tired of latin music. i am tired of all that is latin and is associated with MIAMI(which MIAMI is very latin influenced and i would have to say 97% of the population is latin) i come from a latin family and i am tired of it. i want to leave miami as soon as i can.

i guess it is the people. i am a very different person from all my friends here. everybody likes rap music and such and most want to become DJ'S for whatever reason. i am just not part of that crowd. i have spoken to many people outside the states not just online that share the same common interest as i do. we are at the same level. in miami i am no where near the level that the people around me are at.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 10:57:46 AM »

I must admit, Miami doesn't really appeal to me as much as cities like NY, LA and Washington do, I think its more the North of Country that I like, of course as I have said before, its NY I want to live in.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 11:12:18 AM »

Apologies everyone for taking this thread off topic. And now back to the question in hand. There are so many reviewers nowa days that were going to have people coming up with all kinds of views. The worst reviewer I can think off is the head reviewer for the Daily Mail who just slags off every film.

HEX
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 11:15:06 AM »

Apologies everyone for taking this thread off topic. And now back to the question in hand. There are so many reviewers nowa days that were going to have people coming up with all kinds of views. The worst reviewer I can think off is the head reviewer for the Daily Mail who just slags off every film.

well iam a bit late to say this but sorry to everyone, and sorry HARMONICA. LEONE_ADMRIRER and i went a bit to far with our conversation and we noticed to late. feel free to erase it if u wish.

Christopher
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005, 01:12:26 PM »

Thanks, guys, you saved me the time of reminding you to try to keep this somewhat on topic. Wink Though the conversation was interesting, maybe someone would like to start up an off-topic thread about some of these actresses. I know I'm adding to this off topic-ness (to make up a word), but I think Knightly is very good in what I've seen with her in it. Plus, she resembles Natalie Portman. Grin

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005, 04:39:32 PM »

yes i do agree with u that she sometimes gives out some cringe worthy lines...

if u like pain! trying wearing a corset...(ouch i am still shivering from that one.)

however i think she does a well enough job in the roles that they give her to justify her exitance and not just as a beautiful english tart. i guess my opinion on her does not surprise u much since the subject matter we were discussing yesterday.
she has become something of a household name in the states now. if it wasnt for PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN i dont think anybody here would know of her.
as for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE i hated the book(not my thing) and i will undoubtly despise the film, however i will go see it for an obvious reason.

Just want to get in my two sense before we get back on track. . .

"Pirates of the Caribbean" was a hit because of Johnny Depp's great performance, and little else.  It was a fun movie and I can see why it's popular, but Knightley wasn't all that impressive IMO.  Neither, really, was anyone besides Depp (whom I ordinarily dislike) and Geoffrey Rush. 

Knightley's not a bad actress but she isn't all that great either.  I certainly don't plan to see "Pride and Prejudice", not my scene.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM