Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 11:40:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A question from first-time viewer...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question from first-time viewer...  (Read 2535 times)
SixShooter
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2005, 06:36:41 PM »

First of all, let me say that GBU was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Smiley I haven't seen any of Leone's Spaghetti Westerns but I plan to (I have seen Once Upon A Time In America already, great movie, too.). The score to this movie was brilliant (I can't get the main theme out of my head), and it was cinematically beautiful. The characters were splendid, even Angel Eyes.

The standoff at the end! One of my favorite scenes in cinema history! And I loved the part of the movie where Tuco and Blondie are walking down the street towards Angel Eyes' hideout and they just blow everyone away with ease. Smiley

But onto my question, which, if previously answered, I apologize.

The part right after Tuco shoots the man in the deserted town, where he says: "If you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" and Blondie says: "Every gun has its own tune," and proceeds to get up and go find Tuco.

Why does Angel Eyes and his men just let him leave? I mean, Blondie is a good shooter, but there is no way he is going to take six men in that small place, especially when they've surrounded him.

I'm just confused as to why they let Blondie simply walk off... Isn't it better to like, keep him secure or something? If Blondie heard Tuco's gunshots, then I'm SURE Angel Eyes did too and I'm sure Angel Eyes should have been the LEAST bit suspicious at least. He just says to the guy: "Follow him," when he should know better that Blondie could kill the guy with EASE.

So, answers? Keep in mind I only saw this movie once, so maybe I missed out on something important, but can someone fill me in?

Beebs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:51:34 PM »

Well, without insulting Blondie, Van Cleef says to one of his merry men, "Follow him." Stupid on his part. Clint "Fast but he's also intelligent. That makes him to tough for you I think my brother" He can take one man and know he's being followed.

KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 08:05:12 PM »

angel eyes still dosn't know the name on the grave yet.  blondie still dosn't know the name of the cemetery. AE thinks tuco is in good hands w/ cpl. wallace, and is napping, thus missing the tune of tuco's pistol, which wouldn't matter. as beebs has already observed, "fast but he's intelligent."

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:40:05 PM by Kermit » Logged
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:31 AM »

First of all, let me say that GBU was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Smiley I haven't seen any of Leone's Spaghetti Westerns but I plan to (I have seen Once Upon A Time In America already, great movie, too.). The score to this movie was brilliant
..Just wait until you see Once upon a time in the West: THAT movie and THAT soundtrack you will never forget for sure..!!! Let us know what you think about it after you have seen it, OK?

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:24:39 PM »

Hi SiX S.Welcome

Have a look at the trivia section ref your question

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
HEX
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 09:28:13 AM »

personally i think angel eyes wanted to get rid of his gang.
reason being so when they get to the cash he wont have to split it six ways( 7 ways if u count blondie).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM