Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:07:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Something new every time......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something new every time......  (Read 2766 times)
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:57:26 PM »

I dont know why but everytime I watch one of the 4  films again I notice something new each time.
Just watching FAFDM again for the 1000000th time and just noticed for the first time there is a little boy in the station masters hut as Mortimer takes the Calloway poster down. Its little details like that that makes these films so appealing. I wonder what I'll discover next. Anyone agree Huh Huh Huh

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:12:53 PM »

No, stop posting!

Tongue

Beebs
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 06:01:30 PM »

I agree. Same thing happens to me. One time youll watch the person next you'll watch the tree in the back cause you know the lines. stuff like that

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 06:43:37 PM »

On a serious note - YES, I notice stuff all the time.

FAFDM is the most surreal of Sergio's westerns I think and I always feel like I notice a little more of symbolism in various areas, like the cock crowing during the betrayal. This movie was like a forshadowing of his American Dream trilogy, yet it's surreal feeling is only matched by OUATIA.
I always wonder if the various colored lighting in the movie is used as any kind of symbolism, especially in the betrayal scene when Indio is constantly in and out of various colors of lighting. Sergio has never done that again, either. I like a director who uses lighting in that way, like Visconti in The Damned. The surreal lighting and photography when Monco gets up in the middle of the night is amazing, especially as it changes from room to room. That hallway Shocked

The lighting during the Indio intro and Mortimer's hotel room(After first meeting Monco) are very evocative of the characters Cool

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »

Another thing that happens, at least to me, quite frequently, is to get on to some proceedings that are re-used in other movies. for example, hadn't clicked to the hand of Eastwood with the music-watch emerging from the downpart of the screen as being the model for the face of Mullock coming from nowhere at the start of GBU.
BTW, I can't explain to myself as that hand coming from nowhere always surprises me. I have seen and reseen the scene (that, in my opinion, is probably the best thing Leone shot, even superior to Extasy of Gold, even though I know that I'll just have to rewatch this last to change once again opinion) for I don't know how many times and still that hand coming upward does make me start on the seat.   

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:20:15 AM by titoli » Logged

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 07:05:27 PM »

Hmm, I never thought of that, but I think it's interesting how almost each Leone movie shares one thing in common with at least one or two other Leone movies.

The bank robbing plot in both FAFDM and DYS
The musical object + revenge in FAFDM and OUATITW
A white and a Mexican on the run during war in GBU and DYS

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 05:06:48 PM »

No, stop posting!

Tongue

Was just about to have a go there Pogg....but your forgiven LOL

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
brewers7
Road Apple

Put your drawers on and take your gun off...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 02:39:48 AM »

Not to be a stickler for details, Beebs, but your quote should be:

"When the chimes end, pick up your gun........."...

If my memory serves me correctly...

brewers7

I think this town needs a new sheriff...
Beebs
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 08:37:10 AM »

Thanks Brewers! I was hoping someone would correct me. I wasn't sure if it was right or not. I'll change it right away

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM