Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:33:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  yearwork
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: yearwork  (Read 2266 times)
Not quite ugly
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:04 PM »

Hello,
It's already been a few years since I'm a great admirer of Sergio Leone, I've known his films since I was just a kid, altough I always fell asleep halfway during ‘Once Upon a time in the West’ the film made a huge impact on me. The scene where the Mcbain family gets murdered has been imprinted in my brains since the first time I saw it(I was about 7 or 8 ). I'm 19 years old now and am in my last year of high school, it's an art school in Ghent, Belgium and I study film and photography. For our last year they expect us to make a yearwork; this contains two things: a theoretical study of a director/film/photographer/artist/.... and a practical work that has something to do with the theoretical study. I chose Sergio Leone and his dollars trilogie, I am now in the phase where I absorb as much information I can about the matter, I already ordered two books of Christopher Frayling(something to do about death and spaghetti westerns) and am now thinking on what subjects I will discuss. There are already numerous things I want to write about, but am still in the process of making the outlines.

If there are other books, documentaries, etc, etc,... that are definatly worth checking out, don’t hesitate to let me know, or if you just want to share any information with me, I would be thankful.

Beebs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »

Great to hear from you, and welcome to the site. Sorry I don't know any books for you.  The best reference I find is this site and the movies themselves.

Good Luck, (I'm just a Sophmore in highschool.)

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 05:29:13 PM »

Great to hear from you, and welcome to the site. Sorry I don't know any books for you.  The best reference I find is this site and the movies themselves.

Good Luck, (I'm just a Sophmore in highschool.)

OK Beebs for your UK friends...whats a Sophmore Huh Huh Huh

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 03:50:19 PM »

Wow. THis site has opened my eyes to how diverse the world is in the simplest forms. As Patton said "England and the US are two countries separated by a common language"

Sophmore- High school has four years where I live. 1st Freshman 2nd Sophmore 3rd Junior 4th Senior

HEX
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 02:18:53 PM »

hey props to youre country ICEMAN  for making the best film last year SHAUN OF THE DEAD. also thanks for not being pissed about losing the revolutionary war. UNLIKE the french who are always pissed about something. i traveled all over europe and was surprised to see that as much american hatred there is going on around there it is not as bad as i thought. not that we dont deserve it. i thought the englishmen and ( surprisingly) the germans were very nice ppl. goes to show u cant judge a book by its cover. but those french ugh.

french twits

« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:22:18 PM by HEX » Logged
Bill Carson
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »

hola 'not  quite ugly' - y'know I recall when I was in Second Year of Secondary School (High School), I wanted to do a 'report' on THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY; it was my favourite film even back then (a loooong time ago!) and my English Teacher said "No" that it was unsuitable material for a child my age (I was about 13)  that pissed me off... of course years later, I helped a friend of mine who was at college do a paper on Leone's work and it's influences on modern-day action cinema. he passed!   Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 06:04:17 PM »

also thanks for not being pissed about losing the revolutionary war. UNLIKE the french who are always pissed about something.

Hey man it was the French that helped us win the Revolutionary War, money, guns, powder, lent us an army and a navy.

When Washington went on his journey to the Ohio country before the French & Indian War the French Commander in charge there had already been on an expedition to the Rocky Mountians.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 09:57:34 AM »

THAT MAY BE SO BUT THAT STILL DOESNT EXCLUDE THE FACT THAT EVERY WHERE I WENT IN FRANCE I WAS TREATED LIKE ****. NOW NORMALLY I WOULDNT MIND IF IT WAS ONE OR TWO PPL. BUT EVERY ENCOUNTER I HAD IN FRANCE WITH ITS RESIDENTS COMPLETLY PISSED ME OFF WITH THE WAYT THEY TALKED TO ME. EVEN ROOM SERVICE WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS!

WONT GO INTO DETAILS NOW. TOO LONG A LIST.

+ I DONT WANT TO REALLY MAKE THIS AN ARGUEMENT. NOT WORTH IT. SORRY FOR BRINGING IT UP.

but one more thing before i let this go. the french helping us in the war with England is all fine and dandy ( and i thank them for it) but it is alittle old news.

fo example u dont see us complaining to japan about bombing our asses back in ww2. because it is old news.
and should be forgotten and not repeated( like all wars)

now the civil war. yes alot of hatred still going around these parts( the states).but those haters( cough* red necks*cough) like the french...are asses.(just kidding i love the southern states, but stop being sore losers ya babies)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

GOD BLESS THE MOTHERLAND

DIOS BLESS SPAIN

VIVA MEXICO

GOD BLESS THE OTHER THOUSANDS COUNTRIES OF THIS ISLAND EARTH.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:34:26 AM by HEX » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM