Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:07:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "The Spaghetti West" on IFC this month
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Spaghetti West" on IFC this month  (Read 16347 times)
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2005, 06:55:36 AM »

Beginning Sept. 10.........Independent Film Channel will be showing:

"Spaghetti West"........an original documentary featuring interviews with Clint Eastwood, Sergio Sollima, Ennio Morricone, and others.

and.........on successive Saturdays:

GBU...........Sept. 10

For a Few Dollars More"......Sept. 17

and what I think is very compelling & most welcome...on Sept. 24...a double feature of:
The Big Gundown......& The Great Silence

http://www.ifctv.com/ifc/what/0,5266,CAT0-45-CAT1-6606-SHID-18963-AID-13867-TZ-ET-TB-4-CLR-black-BCLR-000000,00.html

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 08:07:41 AM »

Boardwalk -you beat me to this.  I just saw it listed in my newspaper, turned on the cable to get description.  I'll be taping it tonight.  I wonder if Big Gundown will be letterboxed on the 24th - I have the other three on DVD. 

UNKNOWN GRAVE
Road Apple

UNK UNK ????

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:50:38 PM »

I saw this documentary tonight....

it was very entertaining and informative...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Bill Carson
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 07:41:50 AM »

hola amigos - well, you are a lucky bunch! here in UK we NEVER get this sort of cool programme!  if anyone knows if this or any other similar documentary is shown on Brit TV, keep us posted please!   Cool

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »

I'd like to mention...........if you haven't seen "The Great Silence"......you might consider skipping the documentary until you have. A bit too much info there.
 Tape it if you can........if you're not setup for that.......then I don't know what to tell you..as "Silence" is the last film to be shown...but a *SPOILER* warning is definitely called for.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 02:51:50 PM »

I'd like to mention...........if you haven't seen "The Great Silence"......you might consider skipping the documentary until you have. A bit too much info there.
 Tape it if you can........if you're not setup for that.......then I don't know what to tell you..as "Silence" is the last film to be shown...but a *SPOILER* warning is definitely called for.

What's a "spoiler"Huh

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »

What's a "spoiler"Huh

ICE

It means that the documentary...in its excerpt on "The Great Silence"........reveals a very important plot point..in this case...far too much about the ending.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 11:07:09 AM »

It means that the documentary...in its excerpt on "The Great Silence"........reveals a very important plot point..in this case...far too much about the ending.

Cheers Angel...always wondered

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Christopher
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 09:31:35 AM »

I had thought about tuning in to watch the documentary, but I'm glad I didn't since they give a little too much away of The Great Silence.

I wonder if Big Gundown will be letterboxed on the 24th - I have the other three on DVD.
I would imagine so, IFC usually shows movies in their correct form.

Christopher
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

I wish they didn't have The Great Silence on so late Sept. 24. I just looked it up. 12:45 a.m eastern time! Shocked

When I first saw the ad for "The Spaghetti West," I was hoping they'd show more movies than what they are (and at better times of the evening than what they are Wink).

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 04:14:55 PM »

you don't have a VCR or a buddy with one?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 10:22:12 PM »

Did you see the great one hour documentary "Spaghetti West" on IFC? If not, you can still catch on 17th. It contains rare footage of behind the scenes and interviews with Corbucci, Solima, Damiani, Thomas Milian, Sergio Donati, Morricone, Eastwood and more! You'll be sorry if you miss it!! 

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Christopher
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 10:40:58 AM »

I merged this topic with the one Sanjuro started. I guess it is a "News" item.

you don't have a VCR or a buddy with one?
For some reason, since switching to sattelite, our VCR's don't work anymore. I don't have a clue why, or if there's anything we can do to get them to work. There's one TV at home with the VCR built into it that works, but it doesn't have a timer.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »

Did anyone tape this documentary? Could I pay you to make a copy and mail it?

Let me know....thanks

Jordan Krug

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »

The IFC showing of The Big Gundown is listed as 1:31............for those in the know...does that sound like the uncut version?

EDIT: Apparently not...that would be the abridged English version...if my research is correct....about 15 minutes are cut from the original.
Now I have to decide whether I want to watch this...or not...or hold out for Franco Cleef's version or whatever.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 04:54:22 PM by boardwalk_angel » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM