Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 03:05:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  MAD MAX 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAD MAX 2  (Read 3985 times)
Bill Carson
« on: September 15, 2005, 03:49:07 PM »

it's one of my favourite films of all time. it's an 'Aussie Western' of sorts (if we were to give it's own genre a nickname, would that be a 'Barbie Western'?!) it's MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR.  first things first, I'm not a fan of the original MAD MAX film, I just found it a bit slow but it's a good set-up for part two and BEYOND THUNDERDOME, though visually fantastic wasn't as good as the second either.  THE ROAD WARRIOR is an explosive, non-stop high-octane actioner that puts most modern Action Films to shame. the cinematography by Dean Semler (who went on to win an Academy Award for his work on DANCES WITH WOLVES) is top-notch; the camera is placed above, below and inside the vehicles in the kick-ass chase scenes - I hate it when your average movie magazine does the obligatory 'Top Ten Best Car Chases' article and always adds films like BULLITT and THE BLUES BROTHERS but NEVER mentions the final battle / chase in Road Warrior.  the score is fantastic, the characters are so insane that they could only otherwise be at home in a Spaghetti Western and man! I LOVE THE LAST OF THE V-8 INTERCEPTORS!  everytime I talk about movies I inevitably end up mentioning THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY and MAD MAX 2. it drives folks insane...  any others who remember a time 'when the world was powered by the black fuel'?   

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:51:09 PM by Banjo » Logged
Harmonica
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 03:57:38 PM »

She's the last of the V8's...Sucks Nitro....Phase Four Heads.....Twin Overhead Cams......600 Horsepower.......The Blower, Man!

She's meanness put to music and the bitch is born to run! 

"We all have to die.  It's just a question of when..."  -Hombre
Bill Carson
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:51:47 PM »

Ha Ha! nice one Harmonica!    "Woulda been a shame to blow it up"    Cool

Tucos wife
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:35:26 PM »

Did you ever see "Chopper" with Eric Banna? Eric is from Australia and starred in it before hitting the U.S.  It is about Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read a famous criminal from Aussie-land. Totally awesome movie, really violent.

Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Walton
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 01:44:27 AM »

I live in Australia, and have seen Chopper, although I'd imagine it might be a bit hard to find outside Australia (I think it's on dvd in the UK). Eric Bana is incredible in the film, an amazing job of playing the real Chopper Read.

Years ago, Eric Bana was a stand up comedian, and I used to go and see him playing comedy gigs in pubs in front of fifty or so people. He was always really good, but I don't think any of us would have guessed he'd get so big. I've also met the real Chopper Read, who has become something of a celebrity down under, after a series of best selling books about his crimes. He does stand up comedy routines with another famous Aussie crook, corrupt police officer Roger Rogerson, believe it or not. Yes, we Australians certainly like our criminals.

Tucos wife
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »

I heard that Bana was a stand-up comic. I was surprised to hear that after seeing Chopper. He played him so well.  That's so funny that the real Chopper is a stand-up comic with that crooked cop. 

I found Chopper at my local video store here in Canada and ordered a copy for my dad for Christmas. He liked it. My mom saw it and liked it too except for one part. She watched all the violence, even with the ear-chomping and didn't flinch but recoiled in horror at the part in the bar when Chopper whips out his *ahem* ahahah Cheesy

Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »

it's also one of my favorites - check out www.madmaxmovies.com for some great info. It's the only movie I ever watched, rewound and watched again.

Bill Carson
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 03:52:37 PM »

hola Jordan Krug - yeah, I like that site, especially all the info on THAT car! actually, on the subject of the ol' Interceptor; a few years ago a company called N2 toys did  two series of action figures based on THE ROAD WARRIOR. I went out and got the lot and there was at one point, the promise of toys of the V-8 Interceptor and the Gyro-Copter! man! I was soooo excited! there were even some cool pics in a few Action Figure magazines but they were never released!!   Angry

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 11:47:11 AM »

It's really too bad that those toys never caught on - there was even talk of a tv series going ahead with Micahel Beign - that would have been pretty cool as well. Of course if Warner would get off their asses and release the movie properly on dvd - where's the special edition of this movie??? In all of the big warner company ads, they always have a shot from the road warrior, but no Special Edition dvd yet. Really odd. I've collected a few things from the movie over the years - I have a lot of rare stills, and even an uncut strip of the photographer's negatives from the original shoot. I'm going to have them blown up as a strip and hang it proudly on my wall. Just have to wait until I can afford to do it right.

hola Jordan Krug - yeah, I like that site, especially all the info on THAT car! actually, on the subject of the ol' Interceptor; a few years ago a company called N2 toys did  two series of action figures based on THE ROAD WARRIOR. I went out and got the lot and there was at one point, the promise of toys of the V-8 Interceptor and the Gyro-Copter! man! I was soooo excited! there were even some cool pics in a few Action Figure magazines but they were never released!!   Angry

Johny_Exhale
Bandido

"Now, I believe only in dynamite"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 03:11:33 PM »

Road Warrior is def better than the first one

200.000 Dollars is alotta money
Bill Carson
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 06:48:51 AM »

YOU KNOW IT! yes, it's bloody annoying that Warners have not yet released a special edition dvd of ROAD WARRIOR - I mean man! there will soon be a two-disc of BATMAN & ROBIN, with director's commentary.... wha?!  I also heard that there were plans for a TV series but I don't think it should be done.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM