Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:57:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Hmmmm....How does Angel Eyes...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hmmmm....How does Angel Eyes...  (Read 6614 times)
KERMIT
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2003, 09:08:08 PM »

That's so very true.  Yikes - I must be losing it.  It should have been obvious to me, too, that a shovel would be a normal piece of equipment for a cemetary.   Embarrassed  Guess that would the much more logical answer than mine.  Think my mind is a slippin'.
your mind isn't slipping calimity.  you're brining up some very special points here w/ refreshing new observations.
as you've mentioned before each time you experience this film something new pops up.  so goes it w/ recalling these moments. i learn new things about GB&U each time i hear other opinions like yours, everyone.  maybe old beelzebub himself handed angel eyes that shovel.  Shocked

i always try to imagine blondie throwing up that noose for the last time so he can safely make an exit from tuco, as tuco runs his hands through all those gold coins. "just like old times". the look on tuco's face when he sees that noose is priceless punctuated by the guitarest playing the aahh-eehhee-aahh-eeehh-aahhh!
in a very low register. this  time the guitar reminds me the DRAGNET theme.
don-ta-da-don.   Tongue

« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:27:26 PM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2003, 12:45:11 PM »

Saw GBU the other night and yes, I did see the burial vault.  Wow.  The those small details can easily be missed if you don't have your eyes peeled well.  

I saw it on amc the other night, but then the Hallmark Channel had it on, too, with FDM on before it.  Well, of course, Hallmark showed the severely butchered version of it.  Even the scene where Blondie takes Tuco to the sheriffs and leaves him on the porch was taken out - that was a great scene, too.  I turned it off after about a half hour.  I was disgusted that they took out even more scenes than what had already been taken out - to make it that much more shorter than it already is is just a total butcher job and it really aggravated me, so I just turned it off in disgust.  Anyone else watch it on Hallmark?  If so, did you notice that scene taken out?  Another scene that was removed was in the beginning when the farmer's son sits down to eat, then his mother (silently) tells him to get up and go with her to the other room.  They didn't show that scene, either.  What's up with this butchering of such a great movie?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 12:46:52 PM by CalamityJane » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2003, 01:16:19 PM »

I have to say, Kermit, that I've learned alot here on this board with everyone's posts of observations of scenes throughout this movie.   Sometimes, I think my mind does slip a bit because I miss those obvious things like a shovel in a cemetary - pretty obvious that a shovel could be found in a cemetary back in those days and I didn't even think of it.  I guess it's easy to miss those things sometimes.  Thanks for your encouraging post.  I so enjoy being on this board, not only 'cause (thanks to my dad, now deceased) I enjoy this movie so very much, but also because I learn alot from other fans of the movie here, too.  I've read alot of posts that have shed alot of light on things I missed in the movie and/or info on the setting and time frame of the movie, especially regarding the war at that time.  Alot of fun being here.  Everyone is so helpful and so friendly - just the way I it! Wink

KERMIT
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 12:20:38 AM »

Try this link instead.  Kermit, you were just a wee bit off.
http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/greatmovies/goodbadugly.html
GROGGY i posted a link w/ ebert's sun times GB&U review. i just noticed you had already posted this link. sorry.  i just saw ebert's words and went off w/ out thinking.
all the best   Grin

« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 12:28:17 AM by KERMIT » Logged
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2004, 11:29:53 AM »

well angel eyes got a headstart after he escaped from the town. Then he probably avoided the bridge and hid near the graves until blondie arrived.

200000 dollars is a lot of money. we're gonna have to earn it.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM