Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 06:28:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  john fawell's "the Art of Leone's OUTIW"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: john fawell's "the Art of Leone's OUTIW"  (Read 1817 times)
buff64
Chicken Thief

you brought two too many

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2005, 02:44:07 AM »

I don't know if someone's allready posted about that,if so I apologize.I just finished the new john fawell's  book  about OUATIW.It's a very elaborate work and the only subject is the movie .Very detailed critic's work.Obviously,author is a big fan of Leone,and even bigger of OUATIW.If you look for biography or trivia you're not gonna find any.Personally I liked the book, though it's a bit hard to read well, maybe cause I love OUATIW so much,that didn't bother me.The only thihg I disagree with the author is that every time he mentions OUATIA he makes it look as a lesser movie,less of a movie than OUATIW.Lord, I love them both.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:47:30 PM »

To be perfectly frank (but not perfectly "Frank," or I'd have to kill you) I was disappointed with the book. It pretty much just rehashes ideas put out by Frayling and others, sometimes without giving proper credit. I didn't find a single new insight or idea anywhere in it. For $35.00 dollars, I was hoping for a lot more.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM