Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:14:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Youtube video
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Youtube video  (Read 8558 times)
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 04:31:03 PM »

Yes its a creepy video, I for one did not go a bundle on it. But the guys who made it missed their own point.
It ridicules certain world leaders making them out to be fear mongers and war mongers. Well thats fine but in making these type of films they seem to forget that its these leaders who although come from a wide spectrum of political thought have one thing in common they believe in democracy and the right of free speech hence letting these guys have the ability to make their film.
Try making a movie like that starring the mad mullahs in Iran and the best your gonna get it a bullet in the back of the head.
Peacemaker makes a very valid point that we should all live our lives to the full this is what the terrorist want us to stop, as our free way of thinking and of sharing our ideas always looking for a better understanding is the one thing they really fear in their own countries.
Personally I think Bush,Blair and co are basically doing a good job, (could be better) and I do not even support them, but they are our duly elected leaders and if we want a change well its gonna be election time soon.
What we need are some leaders with the X Factor maybe a Churchill, Roosevelt, Thatcher or a Reagan.
Think if these Pop talent shows on the tv get bigger maybe thats how we should choose out Politicians.
Long live off the wall movies.
By the way why were we not burning down some Embassy over these images of our leaders being ridiculed, was it not long ago when freedom of speech and right of publishing in Denmark took a hit from the peace loving people of the muslim world 

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »

in making these type of films they seem to forget that its these leaders who although come from a wide spectrum of political thought have one thing in common they believe in democracy and the right of free speech hence letting these guys have the ability to make their film.

It's odd, but whenever I read a statement like this, it sounds like a rather creepy right wing threat, saying "if you don't agree with us, we'll take away that freedom of free speech".

That freedom is ours to entrust with our elected representatives, and not the people we elect to run our countries to generously "allow" us to have, and threaten to take away if we are naughty voters.

Because these people we elect time after time turn out to be complete idiots, we must hold on to this power and keep them in their place/our place.

I can't help noting you fail to add that Saddam Hussien had absolutely nothing to do with the World Trade Centre attack, which was the point of the video in the first place, a conclusion also reached by the bi-partisan authors of THE NATIONAL COMISSION ON THE TERRORIST ATTACKS UPON THE UNITED STATES. It's a great read which seems to have been the most ignored book in recent years.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 07:14:21 PM by Juan Miranda » Logged

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »

Thatcher or a Reagan.

Thatcher was a demented old bitch who's grave I'll happily piss on when she finally croaks. She caused untold misery and destruction to millions of working class people in my country, and if she has a "legacy" it's one of horrendous devisivness which will probably never clear up in my lifetime. That she was crazy enough to try and re-introduce a tax which caused the peasants revolt in the 14th century and directly brought about her downfall says it all really.

As for Reagan, he was a senile old git. Like Bush jnr, the rest of the world looked on in dismay as you lot voted in this creature again who seemed to be incapable of telling us what day of the week it was, never mind which button in the war room to press. Of course relations with Saddam were so much easier then. Ronnie and Maggie loved him and gave him lots of toys!

franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 02:58:02 AM »

my my that got some stinging reply. 1ST did I say that I agreed with some of the stuff our politicians are doing NO.
But the thing most armchair politicians miss which our leaders do see cos they get to see all the secret stuff is that there are direct threats to our way of life from some very nasty strange people out there.
Also lay off Thatcher and Reagan, in there time they brought our countries kicking and screaming into the 21st century and won the cold war, my god if old Labour had hold of the UK now we would have gone right down the Toilet, are you old enough to remember being held hostage by the Unions, the winter of discontent was awful, the working man has got more since the Thatcher years than ever under the the old Labour Goverments.
And thats why Britian has voted Blair for so long he really is the male version of Thatcher.
And by the way do you really think the Poll tax was that unfair compaired to the council tax rip off we are lumbered with today.
For the life of me I cannot see why we cannot utilise the USA way of a state Tax on the things we buy, then if you do not want to pay local tax you don't spend and you will only pay local Tax to your income.
But in the UK we have this great devide, own a house and the old poll tax is a fond memory as the council tax is an assult by lazy local politicians on our cash, don't own anything over 18 yrs of age and live with parents you get away scot free How fair is that.
I have said before in other posts that personally I do not believe in any Politician I think all we ever get is dishonest rouges who think they have the right to tell us how we lead our lives.
Thats why a Pop Idol contests of politicians would be a good thing maybe we could dump the really sleazy ones before they get to stand at an election.

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »

Hmm. Perhaps you should change that to MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY.

Yes, you did get a "reaction", such is my hatred for this Thatcher object still, after all these years.

As for the poll tax, even Thatcher's little bitches couldn't stomach it. They grew some balls and voted the mad old cow out of office. Put some spin on that.

Anyway, I'm outta here for a couple of weeks holiday. Taraa.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM