Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 06:26:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My trip to monument Valley and the Arch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My trip to monument Valley and the Arch  (Read 16396 times)
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 08:35:32 AM »

Sounds like he may have been the young Harmonica. 

Can't be, Cusser. Young Harmonica was an italian actor called Dino Mele.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:57 PM »

OK; but wonder if he's got all the dust washed out of his mouth by now....

Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 09:29:57 AM »

By the way, I've been calling the arch the Stanton Arch or Harmonica's Arch, any other suggestions?

Tim
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 11:39:38 AM »

By the way, I've been calling the arch the Stanton Arch or Harmonica's Arch, any other suggestions?

Cusser, I like Stanton Arch, a link to GBU that real Leone fans would pick up on.  If you're going for something else, maybe incorporate "brother" into it?  I'd say "Keep your loving brother happy" but that sounds too long.  Grin

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »

THE arch  Wink

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »

Watched the film again today; absolutely that location for the arch (the Stanton Arch) was chosen so that leone and del Colli could frame the Monument Valley famous rocks in the arch, then over the arch, as the camera pulls back and up.  Similar with ride to McBain's: they wanted the audience to know that was really in US (not Spain), right where John Ford filmed.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »

Wow. That's amazing. Unfortunately, I am not as talented as you.  Usually my doodles are made during English class ( one of the easiest ones right now). For instance, take a look at this "masterpiece" of the band Phish physically dominating my friend Daniel:

Or this surfing astronaut:

That's what my "works of art" are usually like.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:34:28 PM by Silenzio » Logged
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 01:33:28 PM »

Wow. That's amazing. Unfortunately, I am not as talented as you.  Usually my doodles are made during English class ( one of the easiest ones right now). For instance, take a look at this "masterpiece" of the band Phish physically dominating my friend Daniel:

That's what my "works of art" are usually like.

How do you post that picture there?

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

Well, it's not actually mine. But it's like what I would draw. My buddy Joel scanned it to his computer and put it on his private Message Board. Then I just found the URL of the pictures and put it in the little thingies. If you don't know the "little thingies" of which I speak, look where all the emoticons are when you post. Then look above 'em and there should be a little icon of a picture. It'll come up with a little thing that is (img) (/img). However, instead of a ( and ) it will be a [ and ]. That's the best way I could explain it without the computer actually thinking I was trying to post an image. Then put the URL of the picture inbetween the things and it'll be on the post.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:40:58 PM by Silenzio » Logged
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »

Well, it's not actually mine. But it's like what I would draw. My buddy Joel scanned it to his computer and put it on his private Message Board. Then I just found the URL of the pictures and put it in the little thingies. Y'know, the (url) (/url) thing (except the ( and ) is actually a [ and ]) That's the best way I could explain it without the website actually trying to post a picture.

Oh.   Undecided

Sounds tedious.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:37 PM »

I modified my post to make the description a little better.

Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »

If the boy holding up his brother was an Italian, he sure looked like a Navaho to me.  If not a Navaho, then another Native American.  I find it hard to believe he was European.

Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 03:32:34 PM »

In Almeria, Spain they've made a copy of the arch. These were shot last week.

Denys
Bandido

Frank, you dirty son of a bitch

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 09:33:11 PM »

of course not. but after more visitors  start stealing from the arch (which is illegal mind you) then there wont be anything left in a few years.

I hate to sound like a prude but I just have a thing about others not able to enjoy something because of somebody elses selfishness. I dont give a crap if its illegal or not. I just care for those others that have yet to enjoy the arch.

Firecracker, I understand that one could be afraid that this piece of history will disapear soon. But let me tell you my point of view. The arch was built for the movie and the top part felt down in the mid 90's according to Frayling. I was there on September 2005 and, like Cusser mentioned, there was lots of broken bottles of Budweiser everywhere, even into the pillars of the arch. Obviously, that was done by some ignorant people who had no idea what that place is. I am sure it felt down not because of natural reasons but because of some idiots (not from the fans, that would be really stupid). I felt bad for the mess there was, showing a lack of respect of this place, but as I said, I was there in September of last year and on top of one of the piling (The left one) there was an engraving on the top brick (Wayne 1/96). That means it is intact since then, no one took bricks from the remains.

I can say that since I saw the remains, but I understand your point and I would say the same If I would have not seen the arch. Sorry again for my poor english.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2006, 12:20:15 AM »

Thats ok Deny's. I apologize if I came off a bit rude.
I went to Monument valley in summer of 2004 but I was only there for a few hours (it wasnt on my route).
I went as far as to where they filmed the scene where Sam bothers some of the train gang(the place with the big rocks and the "three sisters" in the distance). I never got to visit the arch so I was a bit peeved when I read folks were taking bricks from it. sorry again...

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM