Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 04, 2024, 09:50:14 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The fellows with the big beards
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: The fellows with the big beards  ( 16831 )
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #15 : November 01, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »

where in the background?

never seen that before

thanks ICE. :D

Look at the topic "the guy who gets locked in the cupboard" under OUATITW and look at the picture of the old confed captain in the deleted scene. One is sat in the background.......

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Harmonica
Bandido

« #16 : November 01, 2005, 04:51:07 PM »

They are all over the place!! ;D

"We all have to die.  It's just a question of when..."  -Hombre
HEX

« #17 : November 01, 2005, 06:31:21 PM »

thanks ;)

Beebs

« #18 : November 01, 2005, 07:27:46 PM »

;D NOW THATS A FUNNY EXPRESSION

The Man With A Hand Brace
Road Apple

Known as the Rat

« #19 : November 13, 2005, 07:48:11 AM »

They are either generic bearded people, or ... ZZ Top!

Police Squad ... In Colour!
Beebs

« #20 : November 13, 2005, 04:37:39 PM »

Here's a good ZZ Top story. Our Boy Scout troop (I got my Eagle in May) had a campout last night and the skit at the bonfire was a musical Woodstock style band concert. The "Staph" guys of which I am apart did a ZZ Top concert. The guy in charge of it went to a Walmart and got some big beards and mops and top hats and they did look just like these guys. Funny concert too.

Ok maybe not a good ZZ Top story but still.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #21 : November 14, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »

Here's a good ZZ Top story. Our Boy Scout troop (I got my Eagle in May) had a campout last night and the skit at the bonfire was a musical Woodstock style band concert. The "Staph" guys of which I am apart did a ZZ Top concert. The guy in charge of it went to a Walmart and got some big beards and mops and top hats and they did look just like these guys. Funny concert too.

Ok maybe not a good ZZ Top story but still.

Got any pictures ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs

« #22 : November 14, 2005, 05:24:14 PM »

Haha, Wish I did! It was great. The one with the long net netted an udience member and dragged him out on stage.

Johny_Exhale
Bandido

"Now, I believe only in dynamite"

« #23 : November 25, 2005, 08:13:30 AM »

Kermit was right! Look what I found freeze framing the "special edition" DVD..  ;)

(my apologies to Mr. Leone)

hahah omg thats brilliant

200.000 Dollars is alotta money
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #24 : December 07, 2005, 09:25:50 AM »

I don't want to upset anyone here but for all Leones attention to detail i always felt that the beards look ridiculously fake and even make ZZ Top look presentable!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #25 : December 31, 2005, 07:51:44 AM »

I don't want to upset anyone here but for all Leones attention to detail i always felt that the beards look ridiculously fake and even make ZZ Top look presentable!

Have you seen "Gettysburg"?  Talk about fake, particularly the thing glued to Tom Berenger's chin.  :P

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tim

« #26 : January 04, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »

Groggy, you're very right about Tom Berenger's beard in Gettysburg.  It just doesn't look right.  However, I can look past it because Berenger's performance as Longstreet is great, right behind Jeff Daniel's as Chamberlain.

Or how about Donal Logue's beard as Captain Ellis Spear of the 20th Maine?  That looks too perfect to be real, so I'm guessing you can chalk that one up to the makeup/wardrobe department.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #27 : January 04, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »

Well you're right, it's a very good movie (I can also ignore the rather smallish Martin Sheen playing Robert E. Lee  ::)), I was just pointing that out. . .

Tim

« #28 : January 05, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

So you're not a fan of Martin Sheen as Robert E. Lee either?  I've never liked Sheen as Lee, as you pointed out he's far too short, and he comes across as a little crazy in the movie.

Have you read the book, The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara, that Gettysburg is based on?  I read it for the first time recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Its a good, interesting read.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #29 : January 05, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »

I liked Sheen's actual performance, but he's about the last actor that I would've see as Lee.  Robert Duvall made a perfect Lee in "Gods and Generals" but was given very little to do.  If Duvall had been cast the first time around, things would've worked out better.

I've read "Killer Angels" but it's been a couple of years.  I did enjoy it though.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines