Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 08:33:50 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Professionals (1966)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
: The Professionals (1966)  ( 27704 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #90 : October 19, 2016, 12:22:12 PM »

BTW, in PSYCHO, a clear shot of Janet Leigh in a bra (getting ready for the shower) was censored out. I believe that in the opening scene of the movie, there is a shot of her in a bra and an open shirt, which was kept in the movie. But in the deleted shot I am referring to, she takes off her shirt as she gets ready for the shower, and you see her in just a bra and that was censored out.
The U.S. cut is not the only cut of the film: https://deadlymovies.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/deadly-movies-investigates-the-strange-case-of-the-german-uncut-version-of-psycho-196/

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #91 : October 19, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »

* PUBIC HAIR.  was not supposed to be public  ;)

Ahh, pubic hair, that was what you meant, couldn't guess that ...

But you are right the pubic hair has turned into public hair, and now there is often no hair at all. Hairy facts ...

One of the most surprising early nude scenes was this one from 1964: http://www.aufwinnetousspuren.at/assets/images/autogen/a_go__3_.jpg

Surprising, because it is in one of the naive and children friendly German Karl May westerns. It is supposed to be Dahlia Lavi, but of course it is actually a body double.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #92 : October 19, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »

I much prefer no hair at all  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #93 : October 20, 2016, 02:19:06 AM »

In recent years, yes.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #94 : October 20, 2016, 03:59:00 AM »

I much prefer no hair at all  ;)

I prefer some fuzz, no hair has lost its allure, it's has too much of a prepubescent look, and can look a bit creepy. 

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #95 : November 18, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »

CC was smart enough never to really expose herself. She believed in fantasy :).

BUT in the trailer there is a very quick flash, when she dresses herself up again. Totally harmless.
In the film it is this two-shot: TC  88:47 - it was darkened for the final release print and maybe even
more so for the Blu-ray version.
Maybe they didn't include the trailer on the BD for that reason? (it is on youtube though,
and although minor quality you still can see what I'm talking about). I have it on 35mm,
maybe I'll scan the bit when I got some time left.

the "uncensored' trailer is on the standard US dvd! O0

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #96 : November 18, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »

Seems so to me too.

id..id..idi ;D

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
Moorman

« #97 : January 31, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

Just saw this tonight. Excellent movie.  I was pleasantly surprised. Usually, when you get a team of big actors together,  the movie is all hype and fluff.  This went the other way. My quick review.

1. Cinematography. It was ok. I love movies filmed in Panavision. I gotta see this on blu ray.

2. Musical Score.  Pretty good.  It didn't particularly stick out with me, but it was ok.

3. Actors.  Everybody was on point. Everybody. Robert Ryan was too subdued for me though. Not bad, but his character wasn't as forceful as the others. Love Woody Strode's character. He was excellent. Jack Palance came thru towards the end. I didn't initially like the idea of him playing a Mexican, but he pulled it off.

4. The plot. This was the best part of the movie.  The twists that came about were unexpected.  The screen writers and the director didn't over do it either.  Spoiler Alert... Toward the end, the way they had Burt Lancaster's character singlehandedly deal with the uncoming Posse. That was a EXCELLENT move.  That was something you wouldn't expect, particularly in a movie where there is a group of Professionals. Instead of doing the last gunfight showdown, the movie went with something else. Brilliant move. Usually, when someone is left behind like that, its a sacrifice of somebody who couldn't make it anyway. In this instance, it was a tactical move that worked.

The obvious comparison is the original Magnificent 7.  The director learned a BIG thing from The Magnificent 7. He came with some fantastic gunplay. THAT alone makes this a better movie.  The plot twist is another thing that makes it a better movie. If i had one gripe with the movie, it would be them not taking the money at the end. Other than that, the plot was almost flawless.

I rate this movie a 8/10 and a must have for your Blu Ray collection...

« : January 31, 2017, 08:28:13 PM Moorman »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #98 : February 01, 2017, 04:01:25 AM »

If you liked Burt Lancaster and Marie Gomez "Chiquita" in this then watch Burt in his three other post 50s Westerns Lawman, Valdez Is Coming, and Ulzana's Raid, and Marie in Barquero with Lee Van Cleef and Warren Oates. Enjoy  O0 O0 O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #99 : February 01, 2017, 05:47:09 AM »

Just saw this tonight. Excellent movie.  I was pleasantly surprised. Usually, when you get a team of big actors together,  the movie is all hype and fluff.  This went the other way. My quick review.

1. Cinematography. It was ok. I love movies filmed in Panavision. I gotta see this on blu ray.

2. Musical Score.  Pretty good.  It didn't particularly stick out with me, but it was ok.

I think photography and score are excellent, especially the photography.

And btw Brooks wrote also the screenplay.

Moorman

« #100 : February 01, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »

If you liked Burt Lancaster and Marie Gomez "Chiquita" in this then watch Burt in his three other post 50s Westerns Lawman, Valdez Is Coming, and Ulzana's Raid, and Marie in Barquero with Lee Van Cleef and Warren Oates. Enjoy  O0 O0 O0

I tried watching Ulzana's Raid a few days ago and didn't wanna finish it. Is it REALLY any good?  Gonna try Valdez is Coming and Barquero... Thanx.

Moorman

« #101 : February 01, 2017, 02:27:43 PM »

I think photography and score are excellent, especially the photography.

And btw Brooks wrote also the screenplay.

I gotta see it on Blu Ray.  The screenplay was awesome. 

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #102 : February 01, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »

I tried watching Ulzana's Raid a few days ago and didn't wanna finish it. Is it REALLY any good?  Gonna try Valdez is Coming and Barquero... Thanx.

It's very realistic compared to other cavalry films prior.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #103 : February 01, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »

I tried watching Ulzana's Raid a few days ago and didn't wanna finish it. Is it REALLY any good? 

What's the problem?

Moorman

« #104 : February 03, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »

What's the problem?

It started off looking like a Calvary, Walt Disney Movie...

: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines